Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
IQAC in the institution was constituted during the academic year 2018-19 with a view to initiate, plan and supervise different activities which are important to maintain and improve the quality of education imparted. Prior to formation of IQAC, quality process was being performed by Quality Assessment Committee (QAC) constituted every year. QAC was renamed as IQAC to meet with the terminologies of NAAC. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the college aiming at achieving significant and meaningful contribution.
Objectives of IQAC:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Members of IQAC:
||Name and Designation
|| Dr. M Shivakumar, Principal
|| Sri R K Bharath, CEO and Member, GSSS(R)
|| Smt. Anupama B Pandit, AO, GSSSIETW
|| Dr.P.Raviraj, Professor, Dept of CSE
||Dr. Padmashree, Professor, Dept of ECE
||Dr. Bellappa S, Professor and HOD, Dept of Chemistry
||Mr. Gururaj K S, Associate Professor, Dept of CSE
||Dr. Jayanth J, Associate Professor, Dept of ECE
||Mr. Manjuprasad B, Assistant Professor, Dept of CSE
||Miss. Girija B N, Robert Bosch
||Miss. Divya Chatty, VI Sem CSE
||Mr. Brahmaprasad, Registrar
||Mr. Harsha Kikkeri, CEO, Kayatech, Mysuru
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for :
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks.
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
Dr. Raviraj P