Faculty Name : Roopa Devi K N
Department : Mathematics
Ms. Roopadevi K N
Department of Mathematics.
Education Details :
- Master of Science in Mathematics, University Of Mysore, Mysuru, 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Mathematics & Computer Science, Teresian College, Mysuru, 1999
Personal Details :
- DOB : 13 July 1977
- Hobbies : Reading books, listening to Music
- Languages : English, Kannada, Hindi.
Professional Experience :
Research Details :
- Pursuing PhD in Applied Mathematics.
Experience Details :
- Working as Associate Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 2013 to till date
- Worked as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 2011 to 2013
- Worked as Senior Lecturer at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 2009 to 2011
- Worked as Lecturer at GSSSIETW , Mysuru from 2004 to 2009
- Worked as Lecturer at JSS Degree College, Mysuru 2003 to 2004
- Worked as Lecturer at Government PU College, Yelandur from 2003(July) to 2003( Nov)
- Worked as Lecturer at SBC PU College, Chamarajanagar from 2001 to 2003
- Mr.B Venkataseshaiah, Ms.Roopadevi K N, “An Overview of Applications of Fourier Transform and Z- Transform in Engineering and Technology”, Volume 5, Issue 7, September 2017. ISSN: 23210613, pp.366-367 IJSRD.
- Mr.B Venkataseshaiah , Ms. Roopadevi K N, Stafford Michahial , “Image Compression using Singular Value Decomposition” in Int. Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 5, 2016. (ISO 3297:2007), DOI 10.1748/IJARCCE.2016.51246
Academic Activities :
- Coordinated “Gita Chaitanya Scholarship Award” for 100 meritorious students of GSSSIETW on 20th April 2018 organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Coordinated The International Conference on “Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2017)” on 15-16 December-2017 organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Paper Evaluator for Theory exams of Engineering Mathematics- I, II, III, IV; Advance Engineering Mathematics I, II. Under VTU.
- Paper Evaluator for Theory exams of Discrete mathematical Structure and Graph Theory and Combinatorics under VTU.
- External DCS for VTU exams.
- Internal DCS for VTU exams.
Faculty Development Activities :
Seminar / Workshop / Conference Attended :
- Participated in National Conference on “Geometric Function Theory and its Applications”organized by Yuvaraja’s College Mysuru on 29th and 30th January 2018, held at Mansagangotri, Mysuru.
- One Day Faculty Development Program on “Research Methodology and Teaching Information Security: An Overview” organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 09 June 2017.
- Attended one day workshop on “Bloom’s taxonomy” organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 31 January 2017.
- One Day Faculty Development Program on “Recent Trends in Science and Mathematics (RTSM-2017)” organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 11 January 2017.
- Attended one day workshop on “Women in power engineering”, organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 16 December 2016.
- Attended "Probability Statistics And Queueing Theory ” on 19/11/2016 at VVCE, Mysuru
- Three day workshop on “Research Methodology and Research Motivational Aspects” from 27th to 29th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Workshop on “NBA Accreditation” from 21 st to 23 rd July 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Three days faculty development program on “APPLIED MATHEMATICAL MODELLING” from 13 th to 15 th July 2015 at MSRIT, Bengaluru.
- Seminar ‘ EXCITEMENT IN MATHEMATICS ‘ on April 11, 2011conducted by P.E.S College of Science, Arts & Commerce, Mandya
- Workshop ‘MAHILE MATTHU SAMSKRUTHI ’ from Jan. 19 to Jan. 23, 2011 conducted by Kannada Studies and Research centre Open University of Karnataka, Mysore..
- Second National Level Conference “TANTRAGNANA 2009 from 06th & 07th Oct 2009 organized by GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Life Member in Indian Society for Technical Education (113706)
Contact Details :
Department of Mathematics,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304 (Extn 1135)
My Visions :
To provide the best available basic knowledge and day to day innovations about Mathematics to the student community.