Faculty Name : Manjuprasad B
Department : Computer Science & Engineering
Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D.,(Engineering), Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Date of Registration- 2012. Status: Thesis Submitted
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering , Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, 2011
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 29/12/1988
- Hobbies : Indoor Gardening, Terrarium, Eco-Friendly Thinking
- Languages Known : Kannada, English, Tamil and Hindi
Research Details :
- Thesis Submitted in 2018
- Completed Pre-Ph.D. Comprehensive Viva-Voce in April 2014
- Completed Eight Course works in December 2013.
Professional Experience :
Experience Details :
- Working as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysore ,March 2015 to till date
- Worked as Programmer, Dept of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru, June 2013 to March 2015
- Worked as Research Fellow, Dept of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru, July 2011 to May 2013
Consultancy / Funded projects :
Worked as a Research Fellow for the funded project titled “Power Optimization in Adhoc Sensor Networks”, by Naval Research Board, Defense Research and Development Organization, New Delhi, July2011- May-2013
International Journals :
- Recent Trends in Storage Area Networks with its Applications and Industry Importance", Journal of Computer Science and Engineering,Volume 2 Issue 2, pp1-10, May 2017 (Non-Paid Journal)
- “A Survey on Security Mechanisms in Wireless Networks”, International Journal of Computer Applications and IOT (IJCAIOT) Bengaluru, Volume 1, Issue 2, Dec-2015.
- “Sensor Networks - An Insight on Market Perspective and Real Time Border Monitoring System”, International Journal of Sensors and Sensor Networks. Vol. 3, No. 3, 2015, pp. 18-23. doi: 10.11648/j.ijssn.20150303.11
“Performance Analysis of Cluster Based Protocols in Sensor Networks and their Vulnerabilities”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 4, ISSN (Online): 2320-9801, April 2015,pp.3045-3051
”Hardware and Simulation Perspective Study on Wireless Sensor Networks” in International Journal of Advance Foundation and Research in Computer (IJAFRC), ISSN 2348 – 485, Vol. 1, Iss.7, July 2014. pp.74-81. ”
"An Energy Efficient Packet Filtering system in Sensor Networks” in American Journal of Sensor Technology, ISSN (Online): 2373-3462, Vol. 2, Issue. 3, June 2014, pp. 34-39
Necessitate for Security in Wireless Sensor Network and its Challenges”, in International Journal of Research in Computer Applications & Information Technology, ISSN Online: 2347- 5099, Volume 1, Issue 1, September, 2013, pp. 21-25.
“Power Estimation of WSN in Clustering Mechanism”, in International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, ISSN: 2229-55, August 2013.
”A QoI Based Energy Efficient Clustering for Dense Wireless Sensor Networks”, in International Journal Of Advanced Smart Sensor Network Systems, ISSN 2231-4482, Vol 3, No.2, April 2013, pp. 1-9.
“Residual Energy Based Clustering Algorithm for Mobile Nodes in Sensor Networks”, in International Journal of Computer Networking, Wireless and Mobile Communications IJCNWMC) ISSN 2250-1568Vol. 3, Issue 1, March 2013, pp. 281-288.
“An Epigrammatic Study of some of the Fundamental Concepts in Wireless Sensor Networks”, in International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, ISSN 2250-2459,Volume 2, Issue 9, September 2012, pp.422-426
International Conferences :
“An Efficient and Optimal Clustering Algorithm For Real-Time Forest Fire Prediction with Sensor Networks and Data Mining, in IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing, Adhiparashakthi Engineering college, Melmaruvathur, 3rd -5th April 2014, pp.312-316.
"Simple Secure Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks." in Computing and Communication Technologies (WCCCT), 2014 World Congress on Computational and Communicational Technology, Trichy, Kerala, 27th -01st March 2014, pp.32-36.
“Uniform Multihop Clustering for Low Communication Overhead in Sensor Networks”, in Emerging Trends in Communication, Control, Signal Processing & Computing Applications (C2SPCA), IEEE 2013 Bangalore , 10th-11th October, 2013
“Power Estimation of WSN in Clustering Mechanism”, in International Conference on Global Innovation in Technical and Sciences, 2013, Kottayam, 04th -06th April 2013, pp 111 – 114.
“Clustering in tier architectures for a sparse sensor networks”, International Conference on Mathematical Modeling and Applied Soft Computing 2012, Volume 2, ISBN- 978-81-923752-2-9, Coimbatore, 11th -13th July 2012, pp 675 – 680.
"Favorable Selection of a Cluster Head in a Sensor Networks”, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication ICCIC-2012, ISBN 978-81-909948-3-5, Chennai, 4th– 6th July 2012, pp. 116-119.
Academic Activities :
- Coordinated “National Level Technical Competition-2018”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 04th April 2018.
- Coordinated “2 Days FDP on Quality Indicator Framework (QIF) for NAAC process””, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 23rd- 24th July 2018
- Editorial Board Member for the AIJR Book on Proceedings of NCICCNDA National Conference organized by Dept. of CSE, GSSSIETW, 28th April 2018
- Website, Proceeding Committee, M.Tech, National Conference organized by Dept. of CSE, GSSSIETW, 28th April 2018
- Coordinated “5 Days FDP on e-NBA and SAR for UG tier-2”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2nd -6th January 2017.
- PG Coordinator, M.Tech CSE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2016 to till date.
- Event Coordinator, Proceeding Committee, M.Tech, National level PG project symposium on Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, 27th May 2017
- Event Coordinator, Online Registration Committee, Proceeding Committee, M.Tech Mini Project Symposium, GSSSIETW, 22nd April 2017.
- Blind Coding- Technical Event Coordinator, “Geethayaan 2017”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, March 2017.
- Web Coordinator, Easy Chair Paper Review System coordinator, “IEEE International Conference on EECCOT”, 9th -10th , December 2016.
- CSI Code Igniter- Technical Event and Registration Committee coordinator, GSSSIETW, Mysruu, 27th August 2016
- Coordinated “National Level PG Project Symposium on Electronics, Computer Science and Management Science” GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 23rd April 2016.
- Coordinated "M.Tech Technical Symposium" for II and IV Sem M.Tech CSE Students at GSSSIETW, 19th Dec 2015
- Coordinated "M.Tech Project Symposium" for IV Sem M.Tech CSE Students at GSSSIETW, 19th May 2015
- Coordinated “Three Days Workshop on Network Simulator-2: Addressing the Need of 13MCA38 VTU MCA Syllabus”, at Dept of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering, 25th-27th July 2014.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended One Day Workshop on “Machine Learning”, organized by Google at Bengaluru, 7th July 2018.
- Attended Six Day Workshop on “Machine Learning and Python”, organized by SJBIT Bengaluru, 9th – 14th July 2018.
- Attended Two Day Workshop on Certified National Cyber Safety And Security Standard, Bengaluru, 23-24 June 2018
- Attended Two Day Workshop on FOSS at SDMIT, Ujire, 23rd-24th, February 2018
- Attended One Day Workshop on “Cutting Edge Research and Research Beyond Border on Proposal Writing and Grant Management”, LeMeridien, Coimbatore, 9th June 2017.
- Attended National Cyber Safety and Security Standards Summit-2017, at BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus, 17th & 18th Feb, 2017.
- Attended “One Day Awareness Programme on “Intellectual Property Rights for MSMEs’ Researchers and Academicains”, organized by National Law School of India University, CII, Mysore, MSME, Govt. of India and NIEIT, Mysore, at NIEIT Mysore, 23rd September 2016
- Attended “Three Days Faculty Development workshop on “Research Opportunities and Funding in R&D”, KSIT Bangalore, 28th to 30th March 2016.
- Attended “A talk on How to write Thesis” , Research Centre, R.V. College of Engineering Bangalore, March 2016.
- Attended workshop on Skill Development, Rural Entrepreneurship and technology organized by Skill Development Centre, VTU Bengaluru.
- Attended “ One Day National Workshop on National Institutional Ranking Framework” organized by Eloit Innovations, Jyoti Nivas College, Bengaluru, 27th November 2015.
- Attended “Two Days Conference on Skill Development and Rural Entrepreneurship and Technology”, organized by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi from 03rd – 04th September 2015.
- Attended “Plagiarism Awareness Workshop for Ph.D. Research Scholars” on 20th June 2015, organized by VTU at VVCE, Mysore.
- Attended and Coordinated “Three Days Workshop on Network Simulator-2”, from 25th-27th July 2014,organized by Dept of MCA,R.V. College of Engineering
- Attended “Six Day Workshop on Trends in Underwater Acoustic Communication and SONARS" Jointly Organized by Departments of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering Instrumentation Technology and Electrical & Electronics Engineering, R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore. Under TEQIP 1.2.1-COE, “MACROELECTRONICS” from 14th-19th July 2014.
- Attended "Three Days Workshop on Research Methodology and Latex", organized by Visvesvaraya Technological University, from 08th-10th July, 2014, at Visvesvaraya Technological University Campus, Belgaum, Karnataka, INDIA.
- Attended and Coordinated an One Day Dissemination Workshop titled “Wireless and Adhoc Sensor Networks” a funded project by DRDO, on 26th April, 2013, in Department of MCA, RVCE
- Attended a talk on ”Project Management Concepts” for students held by PMI Bangalore Chapter as a student delegates
Administrative Activities :
- Working as “E-NBA Institutional coordinator”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as “National Level Institute Ranking Frame Work for Category B Institution”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Working as “Online Faculty Feedback System”, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Working as College Magazine coordinator, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as VTU Online Affiliation Coordinator, Department of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering Bengaluru ,for academics years 2013 -2015
- Worked as AICTE Coordinator, Department of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering Bengaluru, for the academic year 2014-2015.
- Worked as VTU Research Centre Co-coordinator, Department of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering Bengaluru, for academics years 2013-2015
- Worked as Faculty Feedback Coordinator, Department of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering Bengaluru, for academics years 2013-2015
- Worked as Departmental Publications Maintenance Coordinator at Dept of MCA, R.V. College of Engineering Bengaluru, for the academic years 2013-2015
Student Project Publications :
- Afrin Salma H K, Bhargavi N Dikshith, Chandrakala N, Kavya P, Manjuprasad B, S Meenakshi Sundaram, “Design and Development of High Performance Computing Cluster for Parallel Computing” in National Conference “NCRTCS-2018”, on 09th May 2018, SJBIT, Bangalore.
- Afrin Salma H K, Bhargavi N Dikshith, Chandrakala N, Kavya P, Manjuprasad B, S Meenakshi Sundaram, “Designing a Remote Monitoring and Accessing the System Using FOSS” in proceeding of “Project Symposium in Computer Science and Engineering”, on 26th May 2018, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- “Ashwini G S, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam “A Survey on Different Conceptslike Business Intelligence, Business Performance Management and Dashboard” In proceedings: National Conference on Information and communication Technology on 18th FEB 2016, DayanandaSagar College of Engineering, Bangalore. PP: 8-10, ISBN:978-93- 84935-74- 0
- Ashwini G S, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Designing a Dashboard forSales Enhancement using KPI's”, M.Tech National Level Symposium, GSSSIETW,Mysuru, May-2016.
- Ashwini G S, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Designing a Sales Enhancement Dashboard using Key Performance Indicators” International Conference onComputers, Communication and Applied Sciences on May 7th 2016, ThinkITInnovation Labs, Bengaluru.
- Ashwini G S, Manjuprasad B, “A Survey On Different Congestion Control And Congestion Avoidance Mechanisms”, International Journal of Engineering Applied Sciences and Technology, 2016 Vol. 1, Issue 5, ISSN No. 2455-2143, pp.103-105, Feb 2016
- Sneha.k, Manjuprasad.B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Search Engine and Ad words Optimization for Campaign Management”, in National Level PG Project Symposium On Electronics &Communication, Computer Science, May 2016 at GSSS Institute Of Engineering And Technology For Women, Mysuru.
- Sneha.k, Manjuprasad.B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Survey on Google Advertisement Management System Using Dynamic Keywords”, in 2nd National Conference on Signal Processing, Computing Networks and Power Engineering, CSE91, April 2016 at ACS College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Ranjitha K S, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “A Review on Search Engine Optimization Techniques”, proceedings of 5th National conference on Emerging trends in Engineering technologies- ETET 2016, Jyothy Institute of technology, Bengaluru, March 2016.
- Ranjitha K S, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Relevant Keyword Extraction for Website to Achieve Top Search Engine Results”, proceedings of M.Tech Project Symposium, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, April 2016
- Bhagyalakshmi R, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Survey on Search Engine Optimization’s Strategies and its Tools”, M.Tech Symposium, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 19th DEC 2015.
- Bhagyalaskhmi R, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Survey on Search Engine Optimization’s Strategies and its Tools” In proc. of National Conference on Information and communication Technology , ISBN: 978-93-84935-74-0, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore. pp. 11-13, 18th FEB 2016
- Bhagyalakshmi R, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “System to Verify and Validates the Keywords in SEO Factors”, M.Tech National Level Project Symposium on Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, pp. 250-254, 23rd May 2016.
- Bhagyalakshmi R, Manjuprasad B, Sarath B Sribhasyam, “Enhancing On-Page SEO Factors to Optimize the Website” International Conference on Computers, Communication and Applied Sciences, ThinkIT Innovation Labs, Bengaluru, 7th May 2016.
- Provisionally Accredited Department of CSE by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi, India, as a NBA Coordinator with the continuous guidance, assistance, motivation, coordination and some motivating comparing criticism from Management, Principal, HoDs CSE, Faculty of CSE, NBA Coordinators of ECE, ISE, TCE, EIE, Technical Staff of CSE, Administration Staff, Library Staff and Mock NBA Committee.
- Represented the project titled “Power Optimization in Adhoc Sensor Networks” in SURAKSHA-2013 National Defense Exhibition on Science and Technology organized by SSM, In association with Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory and Defense Research and Development Organization, 17th -19th May, 2013, Kochi, India.
Outside World Interaction:
- Resource Person for the LaTeX Hands-on Session in the Statistical Analysis and Use of Software: LaTeX and R Workshop organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy, Bengaluru, 22 August 2017 and July 2018
- Delivered a Technical Talk on NBA Processing for MBA Department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- NBA Program Assessing Committee member, Dept. of ECE, KSIT, Bengaluru, 20th May 2016
- Best Paper Award, “Cyber Security and its Status in India”, at Faculty Best Practice Symposium, 21st July 2017.
- Best Paper Award, “Recent Trends in Storage Area Networks with its Applications and Industry Importance at Faculty Best Practice Symposium, 21st January 2017.
Session Chair :
- Session chair for the Computer Science Panel at National Conferences on Electronics, Signals & Communication (NCESC-2017), GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 29th May 2017
Represented the project titled “Power Optimization in Adhoc Sensor Networks” in SURAKSHA-2013 National Defense Exhibition on Science and Technology organized by SSM, In association with Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory and Defense Research and Development Organization, 17th -19th May, 2013, Kochi, India.
Professional Memberships :
- Member Computer Society of India
- Life Member INDIAN SOCIETY FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- Member of International Association of Engineers (Member-ID:155044)
- Member of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (Member-ID:80350661)
- Member of Universal Association of Computer and Electronics Engineers( Member- ID: AM10100050626)
Contact Details :
Department of Computer Science & Engineering,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 204)
My Vision :
To pursue a progressive career in an organization with exposure to development by contributing to the goals of the organization and by utilizing my research and technical experience