Faculty Name : Sowmya M
Department : Computer Science and Engineering
Department of CSE.
Education Details :
- Master of Technology, Software Engineering, Sri Jayachamarajendra college of Engineering, Mysuru, 2016.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2010.
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering, JSSPW, Mysuru in 2007.
Personal Details :
- DOB: 19-04-1986
- Hobbies: Singing, Playing Shuttle, Writing Poetry
- Languages: Kannada, English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu
Profession Experience :
- Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Mysore, October 2010 to till date.
- “A Need for Security in MANET” International Journal for Science and Advance Research in Technology, Volume 2, Issue 10, ISSN – 2395-1052, in October 2016
- “Generation of Hex file using Robotic Artist” International Journal of Computer Science Engineering and Technology, Volume 6, Issue 8, ISSN: 2231-0711
- “A Survey paper on – Face Recognition” International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Computational Research in Vidya Vikas Institute of Engineering and Technology, Mysuru, month: May 2016
- “Bone Crevice Revelation Proving with OpenCV” International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Col. 3, Issue 3, pp: (3472-3476), Month: May 2015
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended one day workshop on “Women in Power Engineering” in 16th Dec 2016, organized by IEEE PES, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Attended one day workshop on “R & D funding opportunities and introduction to intellectual property rights” in July 2016, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Attended one day workshop on “Cloud Computing” in July 2016, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Participated in two days Faculty Development Program jointly organized by Computer Society of India on “Real Time Wireless Sensor Networks and IOT” in GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 27th and 28th January 2016.
- Attended competition on Content Guru of Inspire Faculty Excellence Awards 2015 conducted by Infosys Bengaluru DC.
- Participated in 3 days “NBA Accreditation” workshop in GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 21st to 23rd July 2015.
- Attended Enterprise Application Development in association with Qwinix Technologies conducted by SJCE Mysuru.
- Attended 5 days FDP on “Knowledge Mining” in 2011 in Dept.of ISE, GSSSIETW
- Attended “Mission 10X” Aarambh in 2011 onducted by WIPRO
- Attended 3 days FDP on “Business English” in 2012 in VVIET conducted by INFOSYS
- Attended 3 days FEP on “Train the Trainer” programme on Cloud Computing conducted by INFOSYS in GSSSIETW -2011
Academics Activities :
- Practical Examination BE/VTU Examination
- Prepared Lab Manual of Web Programming Laboratory for the year (10CSL78) 2014-2015
- Prepared Lab Manual of System Software & Operating System (10CSL57) for the year 2016-17
Administrative Activities :
- Result Analysis co-ordinator 2015 and 2016
- ARCS Forum Co-ordinator 2016
- Department Library Co-ordinator
- Student Councellor 2015,2016
- Co-ordinated for Alumni meet in 14th May, 2016 in GSSSIETW
- Co-ordinated for Managing Hospitality of 29th CSI event held in GSSSIETW in March 2016.
- Worked as Co-ordinator for Kannada Anthyakshari in Geethayana 2016
- Fashion Show & “Miss Geethayaana” co-ordinator in Geethayaana 2015
- Alumni meet Co-ordinator in 2015.
- Alumni Co-ordinator 2010-2016
- Cultural Events Co-ordinator in Geethayana-2014
- Alumni meet Co-ordinator in 2014
- Anthyakshari coordinator in Geethayana-2011-2014
- Campus Connect co-ordination from 2011-2013
- Co-ordinated Faculty Development Programme on “Knowledge Mining” in Feb 2011, GSSSIETW
- Co-ordinator for “Yuva Sambramha” conducted by YUVA Dasara Committee 2014
- Co-ordinator for “Yuva Vani” conducted by ALL INDIA RADIO 2014
Awards Received :
- Received appreciation certificate in 100% results in Software Testing in 2016
- Received appreciation certificate in 100% results in Programming in C++ in 2016
- Received appreciation certificate in 100% results in Programming in Web in 2012
- Received appreciation certificate in 100% results in System Software in 2011
- Received appreciation certificate in 100% results in System Modeling Simulation in 2010
Professional Membership :
- LMISTE 
- CSI Member – I1504287
Contact Details :
Department of CSE,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/305.(EXT-204).
My Vision :
To work effectively in the field of teaching and to gain more innovative knowledge & to update myself to the latest of technology in the field of Computer Science and give my best to students and the organization in this profession.