Faculty Name : Dr. Venkatratnam Chitturi
Department : Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Associate Professor and HOD
Dept of EIE
Education Details :
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, UniversitiTenagaNasional, Malaysia, 2016.
- Master of Technology inEmbedded Systems, JNTUK, Andhra Pradesh, 2011.
- Bachelor of Technology, Instrumentation Technology, Kuvempu University, 2001.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 30/11/1978
- Hobbies : Movies, Music and Cooking.
- Languages Known :Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and English.
Research details :
Narrowband beamforming technique for the improvement of spatial resolution in electrical impedance tomography. Electrical impedance tomography (EIT) has a large potential as a two dimensional imaging technique and is gaining attention among researchers across various fields of engineering. Beamforming techniques stems from array signal processing field and is used for spatial filtering of array data to evaluate the location of objects. the proposed narrowband beamforming technique can be used to solve the ill condition of inverse problems of the current EIT systems with an understanding that the inverse problem is more likely considered here as source localization instead as an image reconstruction algorithm.
Professional Experience :
- Working as Associate Professor & In-charge HOD, Full Time (April 2017 till date), Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering department, GSSSIETW, Mysore, India.
- Working as Associate Professor, Full Time(April 2017 till date), Electronics and Communication Engineering department, GSSSIETW, Mysore, India.
- Worked as Senior Lecturer, Full Time (May 2012 to March 2017), Department of Mechatronics Engineering, Asia Pacific University, Malaysia.
- Worked as Senior Lecturer, Full Time (September 2010 to April 2012), Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering department, Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, India.
- Worked as Associate Professor, Full Time (June 2009 to August 2010), Electronics and Communication Engineering department, Kakinada Institute of Technology and Science, India.
- Worked as Assistant Professor and Head, Full Time (July 2006 to May 2009), Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering department, Pragati Engineering College, India.
- Worked as Instrumentation Trainee at Vendra Paper Mills, India from April 2006 to June 2006.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Full Time (July 2005 to March 2006), Instrumentation and Controls Engineering department, Shri Vishnu Engineering College for Women, India.
- Worked as Lecturer, Full Time (July 2004 to May 2005), Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering department, Regency Institute of Technology, India from.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Full Time (September 2002 to June 2004), Electronics and Control Engineering department, Siddhartha Institute of Technology, India.
- Venkatratnam Chitturi and Nagi Farrukh “Spatial Resolution in Electrical Impedance Tomography: A Topical Review” Journal of Electrical Bioimpedance, Vol. 8, pp. 66-78, 2017. (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Ashiq M, Suresh G and Chitturi Venkatratnam “Development of Low-Cost Wireless EMG Sensor Network”. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 12, No. 10, 2017.
- Venkatratnam Chitturi and Obay Fares Alashkar “Design and Development of Electrical Resistance Tomography to Detect Cracks in the Pipelines”, IJTS, Issue No. 2, Vo. 29, 2016. (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Venkatratnam Chitturi and NagiFarrukh "Development of an Agilent Voltage Source For Electrical Impedance Tomography Applications" ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 11, No. 5, March 2016. (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Venkatratnam Chitturi and NagiFarrukh "A Novel Numerical Technique to Enhance the Spatial Resolution of Electrical Impedance Tomography Systems" International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 10, Number 19 (2015) pp 40659-40662, 2015. (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Venkatratnam Chitturi and NagiFarrukh “Spatial Resolution in Electrical Impedance Tomography: A Topical Review” Journal of Electrical Bioimpedance (Indexed in SCOPUS, Accepted)
- Venkatrtanm Chitturi and Nagi Farrukh “An alternate voltage controlled current source for Electrical Impedance Tomography applications” 1st International Conference on Data Analytics and Learning (DAL 2018). (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Andrew Boon Kheng Teh and Chitturi Venkatratnam "Design and development of a seismic shaking table for evaluation and analysis of the performance of elastomeric bearing" 2015 IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD) pp 111 -116, 2015. (Indexed in SCOPUS)
- Chitturi Venkatratnam and NagiFarrukh "Electrode Considerations, Excitation Methods and Measurement Techniques for Electrical Impedance Tomography" International Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences, Volume 56 of the series IFMBE Proceedings pp 1-5, 2015. (Indexed in ISI Web of Science and SCOPUS)
- Chitturi Venkatratnam and Helmi Tarboosh "Design and Development of a Visually Impaired People Stick for Obstruction Detection using Wireless Vibration Pad", The International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, and Mechatronics (EEETEM2015), pp 22-28, 2015.
- Mark Darren Savuriar, Chandrasekharan Nataraj, Chitturi Venkatratnam and Sardar Ali “A Low Cost Vehicle Monitoring System for Fixed Routes using Global Positioning System (GPS)” in the International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering and their Applications (EECEA2014) Page 97-103, 2014.
- Venkatratnam Chitturi, NagiFarrukh, Vinesh Thiruchelvam and Thang Ka Fei “A Low Cost Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT) for Pulmonary Disease Modelling and Diagnosis” in the 2nd International conference on technological advances in electrical, electronic and computer engineering (TAEECE2014), published in SDIWC DIGITAL LIBRARY, pp 83-89, March 2014.
- Tarek Almahdi and Chitturi Venkatratnam “Intelligent Automated Parking System with Hacking Intimation Feature” International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Electronic and Systems Engineering (ICAEESE 2016). (Indexed in SCOPUS, to be published)
- Ashiq Mumtaz, Suresh Gobee and Chitturi Venkatratnam “Development of Low-Cost Wireless EMG Sensor Network” International Symposium of Engineering Technologies (ISET 2016). (ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Indexed in SCOPUS, to be published)
- Wong Sai Kit and Chitturi Venkatratnam “Design and Development of Pick and Place Mobile Robot through Voice Commands” 2nd IEEE International Symposium on Robotics and Manufacturing Automation (IEEE ROMA 2016). (Indexed in SCOPUS, to be published)
Academic Activities :
- Main coordinator of QS I-gauge - a brand incorporated in India as an independent private-sector initiative specialized in rating colleges and universities.
- Associate Editor of Journal of science technology engineering and management advanced research and innovation (http://peacockscientificpublications.com/editorial-board/)
- Faculty advisor of Indian Society for Technical Education at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- QS I-gauge main coordinator at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Member of Center for Research and Development in collaboration with IBM.
- Technical event’s organizer.
- Final year projects in-charge.
- Module development leader.
Faculty development activities:
- Attended 3 days FDP on ‘Recent Trends in Nanoscience and Technology (RTNST – 2017)’ @ GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Conducted a workshop on Basic Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering for 2nd semester students.
- Attended technical talk on ‘Analytical Instrumentation and its applications’.
- Conducted a technical talk on Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy.
- Attended a briefing session on "Library e-sources - Sciencedirect"
- Attended a talk on "incorporating sustainability into teaching and learning"
- Attended a talk on "effective teaching in higher education"
- Attended an invited talk on "complex engineering problem solving"
- Attended a talk on "digitization in process industries"
- Attended a talk on "Bloom's Taxonomy and its implementation to the assessments as per the learning outcomes according to Washington Knowledge profile”
- Attended a seminar on "An insight on IoT" at MCMC, Cyberjaya, Malaysia.
- Attended an workshop on Turnitin
- Attended a workshop on "learning skills" by David Dyke
- Attended a session on "Office 365 education & LP+365 learning management system”
- Attended a distinguished talk on "The electrical key that unlocks biology" at UPM.
- Attended a seminar by National Instruments
- Attended a clinic on "Learning styles and teaching styles" by Ms Ellen Whyte
- Attended a session on "Managing Final Year Project supervision"
- Attended a workshop on "How to publish in ISI journals?" conducted by UniTEN.
- Attended a tutorial on Instrumentation at UTM, Malaysia.
- Attended a talk on "Writing IEEE transaction papers"
- Attended a presentation on STEM by David Dyke
- Attended a seminar on "How to publish your work in Springer"
- Attended a talk on "Raspberry pi"
- Conducted several workshops on "LabVIEW"
- Attended a training session on "LabVIEW for Arduino" at National Instruments
- LaTex for your research
- Attended a workshop on "Turnitin usage"
- Currently In-charge HOD of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Department at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Acted as Head Of the Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Department for 3 Years at Pragati Engineering College, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
- Met one-on-one with students who struggled most with the course.
- NBA coordinator, Training and Placement Officer, Industrial Tours Coordinator, Time Tables In charge, Examination Section In charge, Technical events Coordinator and Projects In charge at the Departmental Level in India.
Professional membership :
- IET, (MembershipNumber 1100259691)
- ISTE, (Membership Number LM 122595)
Contact details :
Department of EIE, Mysuru.
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
My Vision :
Quality Education for All.