Faculty Name : Soumya Dath G
Department : Information Science and Engineering
Soumya Dath G
Department of Information Science & Engineering,
Education Details :
- Master of Technology in Software Engineering, Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore, 2015
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering, Geetha Shishu Shikshana Sangha Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women, Mysore, 2010.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 22/02/1989
- Hobbies : Listening to music, Painting, Pencil Sketch
- Languages : English, Hindi, Kannada
Profession Experience :
Experience Details :
- Working as Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Mysore, 9.08.2010 - till date
- “An Effective Approach for Data De-duplication using Hybrid Cloud” published in International Advanced Research Journal in Science, Engineering and Technology (IARJSET), Vol. 4, Issue 4, April 2017.
- “Survey on Data Collection Methods for Wireless Sensor Networks” published in International Journal of Science & Research, Volume 4, Issue 6, June 2015.
- “Automated Electricity Billing System Using GSM” published in International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Volume 5, Issue 2, Feb 2016.
- Presented Paper on “Automated Electricity Billing System Using GSM” and published in ICATE -2016 International Conference, at Chennai on May 8th 2016.
- “Data Collection Scheme to Preserve Energy of Sensor Nodes for Wireless Sensor Networks” published in International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (IJARCCE), Volume 5, Issue 10, OCT 2016.
Academic Activities :
- Practical Examiner/Valuator for Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi in 2016 & 2017.
- Practical Examiner for Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi in 2016.
- Examiner/valuator for Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi in 2012
- Worked as Seminar Coordinator for the Academic year 2011
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended Webinar Technical talk on “Rainfall scenario in Karnataka” conducted by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended One day FDP on “Research Methodology and Teaching Information Security: An Overview” on 9th June 2017 at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Attended one day Workshop on “Women in Power Engineering” on 16th Dec 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended Technical Talk on “Engineering Research Opportunities” on 8th December 2016 Dr. Krishnaraj Madhavjee Sunjiv Soyjaudh, Professor of Communication Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University of Mauritius, Republic of Mauritius.
- Attended One day Workshop on “Women in Power Engineering” on 16th Dec 2016 at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Attended Mission10X Conclave held on 19th August 2011 held at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Attended three days Faculty Development Program on “Knowledge Mining” conducted on 3rd, 4th & 5th Feb 2011 held at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended five days workshop of Campus Connect Faculty Enablement Program attended on 23rd to 27th April 2012 held at Infosys Ltd, Mangalore.
- Attended three days Faculty Development Program on “Cloud Computing” conducted on 10th , 11th & 12th July 2013 held at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended three days Workshop on RTC conducted by IBM at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended one day ISTE Workshop on NBA Accreditation on 3rd June 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended four days Faculty Development Program on “Trends in Computing Research” conducted on 15th, 16th, 17th & 18th June 2015 held at VTU, Belagavi.
- Attended three days Workshop on NBA Accreditation on 21th , 22nd & 23rd July 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended one day Workshop on Big data, Cloud Computing & IOT on 25th July 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
Administrative Activities :
- Coordinated for One day FDP on “Research Methodology and Teaching Information Security: An Overview” on 9th June 2017 under ISTE Chapter.
- Enrolled as member of ISTE Chapter 2017.
- Coordinated with alumnae to visit the college on 10th and 11th Feb 2017 during NBA Visit.
- Coordinated and worked in registration committee on 13th May 2017 Alumnae Meet.
- Working as Sponsorship coordinator for College magazine “GEETHA VAIBHABVA 2017”.
- Worked in Registration Committee for International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2016) on 9th and 10th Dec 2016.
- Worked as Technical Event Coordinator ( Computer Gaming Competition )for Geethayaana 2017
- Working as Time Table Officer in the year 2014 to 2017.
- Working as Class coordinator during the Academic year 2015-16, 2016-17.
- Working as Sports Coordinator and Coordinated for VTU Mysuru Zone Table tennis Tournament in ODD Semester 2016 Held at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked in Registration committee for ICEECCOT-2016 International conference on 9th and 10th Dec 2016.
- Worked as Alumnae Coordinator in the year 2012 to 2014, Class coordinator in the 2013, Test coordinator in 2012 and 2013, Placement coordinator in 2012, Association Coordinator in 2013, Time Table Coordinator in 2014.
- Core team member for Campus Connect Foundation Program in the year 2011.
- Campus Connect Coordinator for Campus Connect Foundation Program 3.1 in the year 2012 – 13 and 2013-14.
- Invigilated COMED-K and RRB in the year 2011 & 2012
Professional Membership :
- LM ISTE [No.96894]
- LMCSI [No. I1504299]
Awards Received :
• Innovative Idea of teaching – topic “Addressing Modes” got selected and presented a Poster in Mission10X Conclave held on 19th August 2011 at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
Contact Details :
Department of Information Science and Engineering
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 403)
My Vision :
To provide high quality, relevant learning opportunities which enable students to maximize their educational, vocational and personal development. To undertake research studies in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.