Faculty Name : Dr. M. Roopa Nandini
Department : Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
Associate Professor & HOD
Dept. of EIE,
Educational Details :
- Ph.D. in Electronics, Specialisation in VLSI from Rani Durgavati Vishwa Vidhyalaya, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 2019.
- M.Techin VLSI Design and Embedded Systems, VTU, Belagavi, KARNATAKA2011.
- B.E instrumentation Technology, Mysore University, 1994.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth: 22/07/1972
- Hobbies : Reading books, Music, Cooking, Gardening&Motivational speaker.
- Languages Known :Kannada, Hindi, English, Tamil and Telugu.
With the increase in the level of integration, the number of MOS devices integrated on a circuit has crossed more than 10 billion and hence the designing complexity is also increasing as well as challenging.IC industry has seen drastic change in the level of integration due to
- Advancement in technology
- Reduced geometrics.
High level of integration resulted in
- High power consumption and dissipation
- The need to reduce the same.
Limitation on power dissipation in portable electronic applications such as smartphones and tablet computers must be met by the VLSI chip designer while still meeting the computational requirements.
In comparison with the static CMOS logic, the dynamic logic gives many advantages like low power consumption, high speed, minimization of the area which leads to low-cost devices. Many design logics are available within Dynamic Logic stream. One of the popular logic is the Domino logic for low power dissipation and high speed.
The research work presents a comparative study and analysis of Barrel Shifter using Pseudo static multiplexer and Footed Diode Domino (FDD) multiplexer on CANENCE tool using 180nm,90nm, and 45nm technology files.
Professional Experience :
Being married to an Army officer who is dedicated to serve the country, To support him and to suit his postings need, I have changed my jobs and got an opportunity to work at many places of India (Metropolitan cities to remote villages) and got vivid experiences. Total 16+ years of teaching experience (13+ years in Technical Institutes and 3+ years at school and almost 2 years of industrial experience in research development. This vivid experience has given me an exposure to understand students in a better way, to get to know their local culture and how to become a part of them.
- Worked as Visiting Faculty at SJCE, Mysore, Karnataka for 3 semesters (March 95 to Aug 96), handled subjected viz. Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors, Process Instrumentation etc.
- Worked as a Research Assistant at CFTRI, Mysore, Karnataka for 1 year and eight months (Aug 96 to Feb 98) and single handedly developed software in C language for monitoring and controlling Fermentation Process.
- Worked as a faculty at CMC, Pune, Maharashtra and handled subjects like C, C++, Visual Basic, Unix and Networking concepts.
- Worked as a faculty in College of Military Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra for one semester and taught C language to Army officers.
- Worked as a faculty in a Private School at Mysore, Karnataka, and taught Science and Mathematics for 9 and 10th students from Jan 2002 to June 2003.
- Worked as a faculty in Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh for one semesters and taught C, C++ and Visual Basic to Army Officers.
- Worked as a faculty at Army Welfare Centre at Madhopur, Jammu and Kashmir, and taught Science and Mathematics for 9 and 10th students from Jan 2004 to June 2005.
- Worked as a lecturer in Instrumentation and Control Dept, Govt Polytechnic College, Bathinda, Punjab (Jul 05 to May 07) and taught computer subjects.
- Worked as a lecturer in Electronics and Communication Dept, GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women (2007 to 2010), Mysore, Karnataka
- Worked as Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Dept, at JSSATE, Noida, Uttar Pradesh from 2011 August to Jan 2012 and taught for both UG and PG students.
- Worked as Assistant professor-II at IETE, Delhi centre from Feb 2012 to December 2012 and taught subjects like C, C++, Embedded Systems, Digital Electronics, Microprocessor, etc.
- Worked as Assistant Professor-II and Head, Electronics and Communication Department, Saint Aloysius Institute Of Technology (SAIT), Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh from Jan 2013 to June 2014.
- Worked as Professor and Head, Electronics and Communication Department, Sri Ram Institute of Technology (SRIT), Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh from July 2014 to 28th April 2017 and taken a sabbatical since May 2017.
- Working as Associate Professor &HOD, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Department, GSSSIETW, Mysore, Karnataka, India from 04 December 2019 till date.
- M.RoopaNandini, P.Mor and J.M. Keller, “A Comparative Study of Static and Dynamic CMOS Logic”, IJCET, E-ISSN 2277 – 4106, P-ISSN 2347 – 5161, Vol.6, No.3 JUNE 2016.
- M. RoopaNandini, P.Mor, J.M. Keller, “Performance Analysis of Different Dynamic CMOS Logics”, IJEECS, ISSN 2348-117X, Vol 6, Issue No.8, Aug 2017.
- M. RoopaNandini, P.Mor,“ A Novel Low Power Dynamic Barrel Shifter using Footed Diode Domino Logic”, ICCTCEEC, CFP17N05-PRJ:978-1-5386-3242-0Sept 2017.
- M.Roopa Nandini, P.Mor, J.M. Keller, “Dynamic CMOS Multiplexers”, ICETETSM, ISBN 978-93-86171-60-3, 20 Aug 2017.
- M. RoopaNandini, P.Mor, J.M. Keller, “Performance Enhancement Of Complex Digital Circuit using Dynamic CMOS Logic”, IJARSE, ISBN 978-93-87793-03-3, Vol 7, Issue No.1, March 2018
- Harsh Joshi, Prof. M.Roopa Nandini “Different Approach for Secure Communication of VANET Over DSRC with 802.11”, IJESRT, ISSN: 2277-9655, May 2015
- 6th International Conference on Research Trends in Engineering, Applied Science and Management ( ICRTESM-2017) at IETE, Bengaluru, Karnataka on 6th August 2017 and presented a paper titled “Performance Analysis of Different Dynamic CMOS Logics.
- 5th International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, Technology, Science and Management (ICETETSM) at IETE, Bengaluru, Karnataka on 20th August 2017 and presented a paper titled, “ Dynamic CMOS Multiplexers”
- International Conference on Current Trends in Computer, Electrical, Electronics and Communication, ICCTCEEC-2017 at VVCE, Mysuru, Karnataka, India, 8-9 September 2017 and presented a paper titled “A Novel Low Power Dynamic Barrel Shifter using Footed Diode Domino Logic”.
- 8th National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering, and Technology, at Bharathi Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, Kolhapur on 10th March 2018 and presented a paper titled, “Performance Enhancement Of Complex Digital Circuit using Dynamic CMOS Logic”.
Academic activities :
- Apart from performing the duties of a teacher, head of the department, always tried to motivate the students to take part in technical competitions by becoming supervisor to help them.
- organized and conducted many Technical as well as social cause event’s
- Final year projects in-charge.
- Module development leader.
- Incharge of inter-department technical competition.
- As a counsellor tried to figure out the problems faced by the young generation and given solution to many.
- Was a part of Training and Placement Cell in conducting the mock interviews for students as a member of technical team from 2014-2017 and helped in grooming the students to face the interviews confidently.
Faculty Development Activities :
- 2 weeks workshop on Signals and Systems at SAIT, Jabalpur, conducted by IIT, Kharagpur in 2013.
- Attended workshop on CADENCE at ATME, Mysore in 2016.
- Attended workshop on CMOSMixed signal and Radiofrequency VLSI Design at JEC, Jabalpur, conducted by IIT Kharagpur in 2017.
- Attended 3 days FDP on ‘Induction program for 1st Year Engineering Students’ at SAIT, Jabalpur in 2013.
- C and Unix programming for 3 months, Raman Computers, Mysore. in 1994.
- Attended training on microcontroller programming and interfacing, GSSIETW, Mysore in 2008.
- Conducted a training session on "LabVIEW for Arduino" at SAIT, Jabalpur.
- Conducted a seminar on Pic Microcontroller at JSS women’s polytechnic in 2010.
- IETE,(membership number)
Contact Details :
Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone: 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 1408)
To make the students understand the power of Knowledge and to invest in it as Knowledge is a weapon no one can take and one can conquer the world using it, hence not to stop Learning.