Faculty Name : Usha B
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Dept. of MBA
Educational Details :
- Ph.D Pursuing: Title - Effect of Exchange Rate Volatility on Firm’s Valuein Select Listed Firms in NSE at VTU, BELAGAVI.
- MBA in Finance from GSSS Institute Of Engineering And Technology For Women, Department of MBA Mysuru. 2009.
- M.Com from KSOU in 2013 Mysuru and PGDHRM from KSOU in 2015, Mysuru.
- B.Com from University of Mysore, Karnataka. 2006.
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth: 08 MAY 1986.
- Languages Known (Read & Write) Kannada, English, Hindi.
Profession Experience :
- Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Dept. of MBA, Mysuru, Aug 2012 till date.
- Worked as visiting faculty in VTU-RO, Mysuru during the year 2011-12.
- Worked as lecturer in SVEI first grade college, Mysuru during the year 2010-11.
Academic Activities :
- Academic Coordination among the different subjects offered by the university.
- Alumni Meet Coordinator.
- Mentoring and Counselling program for the students.
- Exam Coordinator.
- Preparation, revision and up-gradation of the study material and comprehensive courseware for the subjects taught.
- Paper setter for MBA program run by PES Mandya and VTU.
- Active Participation in organizing the management events and fests.
- Conducting activities including role plays, case studies and group discussions.
Research Details :
- Ph.D Pursuing : Title - Effect Of Exchange Rate Volatility On Firm’s Value In Select Listed Firms In NSE at VTU, BELAGAVI
- Mrs. Usha B, Dr. N BabithaThimmaiah (2020). Effect of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflow, Interest rate and Inflation on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India” an Empirical study. ELK's International Journal of Finance, 011(4)1-9, ISSN 2349-2325; DOI: 10.16962/EAPJFRM/issn. 0976-7185; Volume 11 Issue 4 (2020)
- Participated and presented paper titled “Social Entrepreneurship: opportunities and trends in INDIA” - National E Conference on Social Entrepreneurship: issues and challenges sponsored by AICTE on 20.11.2020 and 21.11. 2020 Organized by MSRIT, Bangalore.
- Participated in 4 days Conference - India Innovation Summit-2020 organized by CII from Sept 14 to Sept 17th2020.
- Presented paper titled “A study on performance evaluation of select mutual fund schemes in India. National conference on CONTEMPORARY TRENDS IN MANAGEMENT RESEARCH organized by M P Birla Institute of Management, Bengaluru on August 30, 2019.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Participated & attended more than 20 Online Webinars and FDPs since May 2020 to till date.
- Mrs.USHA B participated in 7 days faculty development programme on econometrics for time series analysis organized by KristuJayanti College, Bangalore from Mar 3, 2021 to Wed, Mar 10, 2021
- Participated in two week online Programme on "Deflate Financial Derivatives" Sponsored by AICTE organized by GRG School of Management Studies held from 16.11.2020 to 28.11.2020.
- Participated in 10 days National Skill Development Programme on "GST- REGISTRATION, ASSESSMENT AND FILLING OF RETURNS" Sponsored by RashtriyaUchchatarShikshaAbhiyan held from 02.11.2020 to 12.11.2020.
- Participated in the international 5 days Faculty Development Programme on Financial Innovations for Holistic Development from 12th October to 16th October organized by faculty research cell – samshodhana, school of commerce, JAIN ( Deemed to be University), Banglore
- Participated in5 day executive development program on prediction using econometric tools organized by the department of management studies, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry on 23rd September 2020 to 27th September 2020.
- Participated in VTU TEQQIP 1.3 Sponsored five day program on “outcome based education and NBA accreditation” organized by Department of Information science, GSSSIETW, Mysore form 7th to 11th January 2020.
- Attended a One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Mind Dynamics and Emotional Stabilization” Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 27th March 2019.
- Attended a One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “A Roadmap for writing Research Articles and Publications” Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 25th January 2019.
- Attended a seminar on “Overview of GST” By C S Manjunath S, practicing Company Secretary & Chairman, ICSI Chapter Mysuru, at Dept. Of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 3rd March 2018.
- Attended a 2 day Workshop on Time Series and Panel Data, Econometrics, at XIME Bangalore on 23rd and 24th February 2018.
- Attended a Workshop on “Econometric tools in business and management research” at KristuJayanti College, Bangalore on 8th - 9th December 2017
- Attended a five day Faculty Development Program on “Outcome Based Education and preparation of SAR for NBA” for Tier-II institutions from 20th to 24th November 2017 at Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended a Two Day Workshop on “Data Analytics using SPSS”, Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 30th and 31st August 2017
- Participated in 2 days FDP on RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS USING SPSS AND AMOS, organized by VIDYAVARDHAKA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING – DEPT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Mysuru on 27th 28th January 2017.
- Participated in 3 days FDP on Data Analysis for Researchers – Basics through advance, jointly organized by GSSS Centre for PG Studies and Research CARES, Bangalore on 29th -31st December 2014.
- Participated in 2 days Faculty development programme on ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL DERIVATIVES, organized by at SDMIMD on 27th and 28th December 2013.
Subjects Taught :
Accounting For Managers, Financial Management, Management Accounting Control System, Security Analysis And Portfolio Management, Project Appraisal Planning And Control, International Marketing Management, Cost Management , Investment Management, Investment Banking & Financial Services Mergers acquisitions and corporate restructuring, corporate valuation.
Contact Details :
Department of Master of Business Administration
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women