Faculty Name : Mrs. Pavithra Gowtham N.S
Department : Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Dept. of MBA
Educational Details :
- Ph.D Pursuing: Title - Women on Board –An empirical study of Indian companies at JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru from 2017-18
- MBA in Finance from K V G College of Engineering, VTU- Department of MBA, Sullia, D.K- 2005.
- B.B.M from Mangalore University, Karnataka. 2003.
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth: 04 June 1982
- Languages Known (Read & Write): Kannada, English, Hindi
Profession Experience :
- 16 years of teaching experience in various colleges.
- Currently Working as Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Dept. of MBA, Mysuru, and March 2013 till date.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, AMC Engineering College, Bangalore, during the year 2010-2011
- Worked as Lecturer, Maharaja Institute of Technology, Mysuru during the year 2010-2011
- Worked as Lecturer, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore during the year 2008-2010
- Worked as Lecturer, K.V.G College of Engineering, Sullia D.K, during the year 2005-2008
Academic Activities :
- Coordinator for MoU with Business Toys Pvt, Ltd. Bangalore, October 2020 and extended till 2023
- Preparation of Department Budget.
- Worked as Professional Elective coordinator.
- Worked as external examiner, ACU for the academic year 2018-19.
- Official Evaluator for MBA subjects at VTU.
- Worked as Heraizen Coordinator- ERP
- Worked as External viva-Voce Examiner for VTU Examinations.
- Worked as Exam Coordinator and TTO Coordinator.
- Paper setter for MBA program run by PES Mandya and VTU
- Guided 200+ students Project under VTU from 2008 till Date
- Mentoring and Counselling program for the students.
- Academic Coordination among the different subjects offered by the university.
- Preparation, revision and up-gradation of the study material for the subjects taught.
- Active Participation in organizing the management events, Workshops, FDP and fests.
- Conducting activities including role plays, case studies and group discussions.
Research Details :
Ph.D Pursuing: Title - Women on Board –An empirical study of Indian companies at JSS Science and Technology University, Mysuru from 2017-2018
Paper published :
- Published paper on “A Case Study on Impact of Bancassurance on Profitability of Selected Commercial Banks in India” (Dec 2020) in IJBRE – International Journal of Business Review and Entrepreneurship, “Skyline University, Nigeria"
- Published paper on titled “A Comparative study of VAT & GST” with reference to Automotive Axle Ltd. Mysuru (Nov 2020) in Muktshabd Journal, UGC CARE List Group-I Journal, volume IX - Issue-XI.
- Published paper on “A case study impact of loan disbursement and NPA on profitability with reference to PNHFL” in two days International E-Conference Synergy -2020 on 4th & 5th November 2020 held at Seshadripuram Commerce College, Bengaluru.
- Published a paper titled “Women on Board of Directors have an Impact on corporate governance and firm performance-A Literature review” in Shift in Indian Business Environment, dated 29-30 March 2019, ISBN: 978-93-5351-884-4.
- Published a paper titled “E-banking and its Impact on Profitability: A case study at State Bank of Mysuru, India” in Banking and Financial Markets dated 15th-16th December 2017, ISBN: 978-93-8674-26-7.
- Published a paper in International Conference titled “Forex Volatility and its impact on corporate Profitability-A case on Tech-Mahindra Ltd”, at Jain University, Bangalore, 25th February 2017, ISBN 978-93- 85327-26- 1.
- Published a paper on “Credit Appraisal Methods and Credit Monitoring Practices” at Navanagar Urban Co-Operatives Bank Limited in ISSN 2347-8403, Vol 3 Issue 1 of SHODHADITYA, AIMSR, Mumbai in 2016.
- Published a paper on “Derivative trading in futures and options contracts” at Motilal Oswal Financial Services Limited, Mysuru, ISSN 2347-8403, Volume3, Issue 2 of SHODHADITYA, AIMSR, Mumbai in 2016.
Paper presentation in National conference & International Conference :
- Presented Research article on “Vendor rating a tool to minimise inventory cost and enhance profit of firm during Covid - 19” -A case study with reference to Cyient DLM Pvt Ltd, Mysuru, in 3 day International virtual conference on Recovery strategies of business in uncertain times RSBUT-2021 at MIT, Mysuru on 2nd, 3rd and 4th June 2021.
- Presented a paper on “A case study impact of loan disbursement and NPA on profitability with reference to PNHFL” in two days International E-Conference Synergy -2020 on 4th & 5th November 2020 held at Seshadripuram Commerce College, Bengaluru.
- Presented a paper in National conference titled “Women on Board of Directors have an Impact on corporate governance and firm performance-A Literature review” at JSS Centre for Management studies-Mysuru dated 29-30 March 2019, ISBN: 978-93-5351-884-4.
- Presented a paper in National conference titled “E-banking and its Impact on Profitability: A case study at State Bank of Mysuru, India” at JSS Centre for Management studies-Mysuru dated 15th-16th December 2017, ISBN: 978-93-8674-26-7.
- Presented a paper in International Conference titled “Forex Volatility and its impact on corporate Profitability-A case on Tech-Mahindra Ltd”, at Jain University, Bangalore, 25th February 2017, ISBN 978-93- 85327-26- 1.
- Presented a paper in National Conference titled “Strategies for Managing Receivables with reference to Balaji AutoTech Pvt Ltd”, Koorgalli, Mysuru, on 23rd May 2016, ISBN 978-93-5265-672- 1 at Advanced Institute of Management Studies, Tirupati, AP.
- Presented a paper titled “Mergers and Acquisitions of Indian Banking Sector-Issues and Challenges” in a National Seminary on “Contemporary Issues and Challenges in Banking Financial Sector in India”. RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore on 29-30 April, 2010.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Participated in the Tech Talk Series 006-Only One Earth as part of Word Environment Day celebration organized by Ahalia School of Engineering and Technology in association with Kerala Armed Police II Battalion, Muttikulangara and Student Police Cadet on 05 June 2022.
- Organized Webinar on "Business after dark-The new sales secret" at GSSSIETW MBA department in association with -The Salesman, Bengaluru, on 19th June 2021.
- Participated & completed successfully AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Online Elementary FDP on "Demystifying Financial risk Management" from 07th June to 11th June 2021 at New Delhi Institute of Management.
- Participated in National Webinar on “Comprehensive Business Development Strategies” organized by department of MBA in Retail and supply chain management, SDM College, Ujire on 31st May 2021.
- Organised Two day workshop on “Research Methodology and SPSS” at GSSSIETW MBA department in association with Business Toys Private Limited, Bengaluru, on 19th & 20th March 2021.
- Participated in “Higher Education Conclave on NBA & ABET” organized by MasterSoft ERP Solution Pvt., Ltd on 09th January 2021.
- Attended a session on “Commodity Derivative Market” conducted by National Commodity & Derivative Exchange Limited (NCDEX) on 23 November 2020.
- Attended 5 Days FDP on Intellectual Property Rights & Contributions of Academia towards Innovation at MIT, Mysuru from 15th to 19th Dec 2020.
- Participated in Five days FDP on Emerging Technologies in “Transforming Business Models” from Nov 24 to 28, 2020.
- Participated in two Day session on “Stress Management for working Professionals’ organized under IQAC at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 5th to 6th August 2020.
- Participated in “Aatmanirbhar Bharath: understanding self reliance from a national perspective: the foundation for Atmanirbhar” organized by Government of India Field outreach Bureau: Mysuru on 26th August 2020.
- Participated in one day session on “Nuances in NAAC-revised Accreditation Framework” held at VTU RO centre, Mysuru on 14th August, 2020.
- Organized and participated in two day workshop on SPSS software at GSSSIETW, Mysuru dated 4th to 5th December 2019.
- Attended One day Symposium on “Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Development” at SDMIMD on February 26, 2019.
- Attended a One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Mind Dynamics and Emotional Stabilization” Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 27th March 2019.
- Participated and Presented a research paper in National Conference on “Shift in Indian Business Environment” at JSSSCMS, Mysuru on 29th -30th March 2019
- Attended One day Symposium on “Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Development” at SDMIMD on February 26, 2019.
- Organised and Attended a One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “A Roadmap for writing Research Articles and Publications” Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 25th January 2019.
- Attended a seminar on “Overview of GST” By C S Manjunath S, practicing Company Secretary & Chairman, ICSI Chapter Mysuru, at Dept. Of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 3rd March 2018.
- Attended a five day Faculty Development Program on “Outcome Based Education and preparation of SAR for NBA” for Tier-II institutions from 20th to 24th November 2017 at Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended a Two Day Workshop on “Data Analytics using SPSS”, Organized by Department of MBA, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 30th and 31st August 2017
- Participated in 2 days FDP on RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND STATISTICAL ANALYSIS USING SPSS AND AMOS, organized by VIDYAVARDHAKA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING – DEPT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, Mysuru on 27th 28th January 2017.
- Attended a workshop on “Passion- Cash your Personality” at BPBIM, Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, Mysuru on 27th October 2017
- Participated and Presented a research paper in National Conference on “Trends and Prospects in Banking and Financial Markets” at JSSSCMS, Mysuru on 15th -16th December 2017
- Participated in a Conference on “College to Corporate” organised by CII at Mysore dated 3rd January 2014.
- Participated in Workshop on “Research Ideas in Finance and Accounting”, SDMIMD, Mysore, on 20th August 2014.
- Participated in 3 days FDP on Data Analysis for Researchers – Basics through advance, jointly organized by GSSS Centre for PG Studies and Research CARES, Bangalore on 29th -31st December 2014.
- Participated in Workshop on “Methodological challenges in Management Research & techniques” at Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore on 23rd November 2013.
- Participated in 2 days Faculty development programme on ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL DERIVATIVES, organized by at SDMIMD on 27th and 28th December 2013.
- Participated in the Seminar on “Risk Management in Banking Sector”, organized by Brindavan College, Bangalore held on September 10, 2011.
- Participated in the Faculty Development Programme on "Case Writing and Analysis "held on Wednesday 3rd Nov’ 2010 at Surana College, Centre for Post Graduate Studies, Bangalore.
- Participated in the National Seminar on “Understanding Indian Consumers” organized by AMC Engineering College, Bangalore on 4th September 2009.
- Participated in Workshop on “Mergers and Acquisitions” M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore on 17th September 2009.
- Participated in Workshop on ‘Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Restructuring’ Nagarjuna College of Engineering & Technology, Bangalore on 29th& 30th August 2008.
- Participated in FDP Organized by- National Institute of Technology Karnataka Science & Technology Entrepreneurs’ Park (NITK-STEP), from 11th June 2007 to 22nd June 2007, Vivekananda College of Engineering and Technology, Puttur.
- Participated in Eighth State Level Convention of ISTE-Karnataka on 18 & 19th November, 2005 K.V.G. College of Engineering, Sullia, D.K.
Authored book titled “Financial Derivatives” published by Thakur publication Pvt., Ltd in 2022, ISBN No. 978-93-5480-577-6.
Accounting For Managers, Management and Organisation Behaviour, Economics for Managers, Marketing Management, Management and Information System, Financial Management, Business Law and Policy, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management, Management Accounting Control System, Production and Operations Management, Tax Management, Recruitment and Selection, Cost Management, Merchant banking and Financial services, Investment Banking & Financial Services, Principles and Practices of Banking, Banking and Financial services, Mergers acquisitions and corporate restructuring, corporate valuation, International Financial Management and Financial Derivatives.
Contact Details :
Department of Master of Business Administration
GSSS Institute of Engineering and Technology for Women