Faculty Name : Ashwini K R
Designation : Assistant Professor
Department : Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Ashwini K R
B.E, M.Tech, M.I.S.T.E., AMIE, IEEE
Educational Details :
- B.E JNNCE,Shimoga VTU Electrical Engineering 2005
- M.Tech BVBCET, Hubli VTU Energy System Engineering 2011
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth : 20th July 1983
- Hobbies : Reading Novels, Journals, Magazines
- Languages Known: Kannada, Telugu, Hindi and English
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, GSSSIETW, from 15th July 2011 to till date.
- Worked as Assistant. Engineer, RIEPL, Bangalore from 1st January 2006 till 9th May 2009
- Measuring,monitoring and control of voltage and frequency in trivector meter” in journal of mechatronics, American publication(JM665), 2017
- “A review on RL78 Microcontroller” in the International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science,Enigneering and Information Technology, Volume 4, Issue 6, May–June 2018.
- “An Efficient IoT Based Smart Irrigation and Plant Disease Detection”,Published in Journal of Emerging trends and Innovative technologies,Volume 6, Issue 10, May 2019 (ISSN:2349-5162).
- Presented “System Emulator” during International conference on Applied Science Engineering and Technology(ICASET-16) at Sri Sairam College of Engineering, 7th June 2016.
- Presented “LDO‟s for portable electronic communication devices” at 5th National conference on „Emerging trends in Engineering and Technology (GTECH- EXPO 16) at
- G. MadegowdaInstitute of Technology, Mandya,29th June 2016
- “Switching Operation of Circuit Breaker using password” during National conference on Intelligent Energy systems at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 7th May 2018.
- “An Efficient IoT Based Smart Irrigation and Plant Disease Detection” during National conference on Intelligent Energy systems at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, May 2019.
Workshops/Seminar Organised :
- Three days Webinar on “Recent trends in Renewable Energy Sources” Under ISLE at GSSSIETW,Mysuru, 25th to 27th August 2020.
- Energy Innovation-2017, Under IEEE PES Student Chapter at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 7th October 2017.
- National level Idea persentation, Under IEEE PES Student Chapter at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 15th May 2017.
- “Women in Power Engineering” under IEEE PES Student chapter at GSSSIETW, Mysuru,11th Jan 2017.
Workshops/ Seminars/ FDP attended :
- Attended Webinar on “Electrical Switch Gear and its Applications”,at GSSSIETW,4th July 2020.
- Attended Webinar on “Power System Harmonics: Causes, Effects and Mitigation” ,Organised by Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering,Bangalore, 16th June 2020
- Participated in Webinar on “Intellectual Property Rights & Indian Patent Filing Procedure”, organised by Proudhadevaraya Institute of Technology,19th June 2020.
- Attended Two days International Webinar on “ Real time Modeling & Control of Energy Systems and Devices”, Organised by JSSATE, Noida, 11th to 12th June 2020.
- Attended Webinar on “Wholistic Development”, Organised by VaNIEta,12th June 2020.
- Attended International seminar on “Research and Innovation Engineering Technology”, at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 16th December 2019.
- Attended 3 Days Workshop on “ Recent Trends in Electrical Vehicle Technology”,at St.Joseph College of Engineering , Mangalore from 12th to 14th December 2019.
- Attended 5 days FDP on “ Recent Trends & Application of High Voltage-A Step towards Green Envirnoment”,VTU TEQIP 1.3 Sponsored , GSSSIETW, Mysuru,27th to 31st July 2019.
- Attended in 3 days workshop on “Energy conservation and Building Code”,KREDL &GSSSIETW,27th to 28th July 2018.
- Attended two days workshop on “Digital Signal Processing lab” at RNSIT, Bengaluru on 23rd and 24thJanuary 2018.
- Attended 2days faculty development programme on “Digital signal processing laboratory” at RNSIT, Bengaluru on 23rd and 24th January 2018.
- Attended 10days faculty development programme on “Power and Energy systems” organized by Dept. of EEE, St. Joseph Engineering College, Mangaluru from 19th to 28th June 2017.
- Attended 2days Retreat program “Adyatmanam” at Japadakatte, Hebsur, K R Nagar,10th and 11th July 2017.
- Participated in IEEE PES workshop on “Women in Power engineering” at GSSSIETW on 16th December 2016.
- Presented “System Emulator”, International conference on “Applied science, Engineering and Technology (ICASET-16)”at Sri Sai Ram college of engineering, 6th-7th June 2016.
- Presented “LDO for portable Communication Devices” at 5th National conference on ‘Emerging trends in Engineering and Technology (GTECH- EXPO 16) at G. Madegowda Institute of Technology, Mandya on 29th April 2016.
- Attended a 1 week workshop on “Scientific Computing and Signal, Image Processing and soft Computing Applications” at MSRIT, Bangalore from Dec 28th,2015 to Jan 1st Jan 2016.
- Attended a technical talk on “Research trends in image and signal Processing”, by Dr. Panduranga S, Dept of Technical education, Karnataka. on 27th feb 2016 Organized by the Dept of TCE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Attended Soft computing techniques by using Scientific computing for signal, image processing &Soft Computing Applications‟ organized by IEEE EMB Bangalore Chapter and IEEE EMB MSRIT, Bangalore from 28th December 2015 to 1st January 2016.
- Attended Sustainable Energies- An Interdisciplinary Research Perspective, organized by Dept. of EEE, NIEIT, Mysore on 22nd & 223rd Jan 2016.
- Attended Modern machine learning applications at GSSSIETW, MYSURU on 7/2/2015.
- Attended Cloud Computing & Big Data at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, and 25th July 2015.
- Attended Industrial Automation by Cartel Automation Pvt.Ltd at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 30th& 31st October 2015.
- Attended Micro controller MSP-430”, at GSSSIETW, Mysore. 20th and 21st September 2014.
- Attended Challenges in core engineering” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 22/9/2014.
- Attended Smart grid technologies, at VVIET, Mysore, 25th and 26th july2013.
- Paper Evaluation Work.
- EDC Coordinator of EEE department.
- VTU EMS Coordinator of EEE Department
- Prepared Basic Electrical Lab manual for 2017 Scheme.
Faculty Development Programmes :
- Attended a FDP on “R & D funding opportunities and intellectual property rights” at GSSSIETW on 21st July 2016
- Attended three day FDP on “Research methodology and research motivational aspects” at GSSSIETW from 27th -29th July 2016.
- Attended FDP on “Cloud computing and education” organized through ISTE at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 20th July 2016
- Attended one Day FDP on “Outcome based education –NBA workshop” on 7th June 2016 Under ISTE Forum at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Faculty development Programme on “ Research thrust in Renewable Energy” at GSSSIETE from 27th to 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended Five days faculty development Programme on “Scientific Computing and signal, Image Processing and soft computing Applications” at MSRIT, Bangalore.
- Attended one day FDP on “Effective eResources Retrieval Strategies for Efficient Research”, organized by Dept of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 9th January 2019.
- Attended 5 days FDP on” Recent Trends & applications of High Voltage-A Step towards green environment” from 27th July to 31st July at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Administrative Works :
- Worked as Room Superintendent COMED-K, GATE and other competitive examinations from 2011 to 2014.
- Workshop Attended:
- “Smart grid technologies”, at VVIET, Mysore, 25th and 26th july2013.
- “Micro controller MSP-430”, at GSSSIETW, Mysore. 20th and 21st September 2014.
Professional Membership :
- ISTE life member - LM 96900
- AMIE life member -AM1621389
- IEEE Member - 93850900
Contact Details :
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 127)
My Vision :
To excel in engineering education and research, inculcating professional ethics in students and emerge as a leaders in the country in the field of electrical & electronics engineering.