Faculty Name : Chethan H R
Designation : Assistant Professor
Department : Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Chethan H R
B.E, M.Tech, (Ph.D)., AMIE., MISTE
Educational Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in Electrical Power Systems and FACTS, VIT University, Vellore from 2017.
- M.Tech in Electrical Power Systems, Arjun College of Technology and Science, Hyderabad, Telagana, JNTU, 2015
- B.E in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Don Boscho Institute of Technology, Bangalore, VTU, 2013.
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SET Polytechnic, Melkote, Board of Technical Education, 2010.
Personal Details :
- Date of Birth: 06.02.1990
- Hobbies: Reading, Playing, Listening Music
- Languages Known: Kannada, English, Telugu
Research Details :
A Novel Technique for Power Oscillation Damping Controller in Wind Energy Connected Grid System Using SSSC
Professional Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, Karnataka, 25 July 2019 to till date.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, PES College of Engineering, Mandya, Karnataka, 24 July 2015 to 23 July 2019.
- Chethan H R, “Combination of Fuel Cell and Wind Energy with Controlled Power Processing using Fuzzy Logic”, IJIREEICE Vol. 5, Issue 2, February 2017..
- Chethan H R, “CAN based vehicle health monitoring system" JETIR, Volume 7, Issue 10, ISSN-2349-5162, October 2020.
- Chethan H R, “IoT Based Biogas Automation and Enhancement Using Photovoltaic Cell" JETIR, Volume 7, Issue 10, ISSN-2349-5162, October 2020.
- Chethan H R, “Hybridization of Fuel cell and Wind Energy with regulated Power Processing using Fuzzy Logic" Organized by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, VISION-15 A National Level PG Technical Fest at KVG College of Engineering, on 11th April 2015 Sullia.
- Chethan H R, Dr. Mageshwarn R “Stability Improvement using SSSC in Synchronous Generation System with PMSG Based Offshore Wind Farm” VSPICE-19 at Nitte College of Engineering, May 2019, Springer Note.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Delivered a Guest lecture on “Awareness of NPTEL Courses” for III, V & VII Semester students at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on Sep 2019(One Day).
- Delivered a technical talk on “P-Spice Simulation” Uma Nath Singh Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jaunpur, UP on July 2019(One Week).
Workshops/FDPS/ Seminars Organized:
- Organized Two Day Faculty Development Program on “Mathematical modeling of FACTS Controllers and Simulation in MATLAB-Simulink” 4th and 5th of August 2020
- Organized Three Day Faculty Development Program On “Modern Trends in Optimization Techniques - A Power Quality and Reliability Approach” from July 17th to 19th.
- Organized one day Webinar on “Essential Presentation Skills for Students Successful Career Launch in the New Normal” 22nd July 2020.
- Organized One Day Webinar on “Electrical Switchgear and its applications”, on 4th July 2020, at GSSSIETW, Mysore.
Workshops/ Seminars/ FDP attended :
- Participated & completed successfully AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on "Electric Vehicles" held from November 2nd to 6th 2020, Organized by Dept. of EEE, Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shimoga.
- Attended One Week Faculty Development Program on “Thrust areas for Research in Power and Energy Systems – A resource for beginners” held from August 3rd to 8th 2020, Organized by Dept. of EEE, Vishwanathrao Deshpande Institute of Technology, Haliyal.
- Attended 5-day online Faculty Development Program on “Advances in Power Electronic Applications” held from August 4th to 8th 2020, Organized by Dept. of EEE, BMS Institute of Technology and Management, Bengaluru.
- Attended One Week International Faculty Development Program on “Technologies with Social Relevance” held from July 27th to August 1st 2020, Organized by Dept. of ECE, GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, AP, India,
- Attended TEQIP-III sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Power Electronic Applications to Renewable energy systems and Energy storage systems” held from July 6th to 10th 2020, Organized by Dept. of EEE, NIE, Mysore
- Attended Webinar on “Electrical Switchgear and its applications”, on 4th July 2020, Organized by Dept of EEE, GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Attended Three-Day Short-Term Training Programme on “Electric Vehicles & its Scenario in India” organized by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, BSA Crescent Institute of Science & Technology, Chennai-48 during 01-03, July 2020.
- Attended Webinar on “Dynamic Analysis and Control of Rotor Bearings” on 30/06/2020 organized by Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Rao Bahadur Y. Mahabaleswarappa Engineering College, Ballari.
- Attended National level one-week FDP on “Latex & Xfig” from 15th to 19th June 2020, Organized by Dept. of MCA, Culcutta Institute of Technology, Howra, West Bengal, in association with Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay.
- Attended National level live Webinar on ‘Intellectual Property Rights & Indian Patent Filing Procedure’ on 19th June 2020, Organized by Proudhadevaraya Institute of Technology, T. B. Dam, Hosapete.
- Attended Webinar on “Doing Research: Challenges, Dos and Don’ts” Organized by ECE Research Centre, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, on 16th June 2020.
- Attended Three Day’s Webinar Series on "DRONE TECHNOLOGY" Organized by Dept. of ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, from 15th to 17th June 2020.
- Attended webinar on “Research Proposal Writing: Opportunities, Challenges and Myths”, Organized by Dept. of Basic Science, SKIT, Bengaluru, on 12th June 2020.
- Attended Webinar on "Real Time Modeling & Control of Energy Systems and Devices" on 11th & 12th June, 2020 organized by Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida.
- Attended VTU TEQIP - 1.3 sponsored 5 Day Program on "Outcome based education and NBA Accreditation" at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 7th to 11th Jan 2020.
- Attended 2nd International Seminar on "Research and Innovation in Engineering and Technology” at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 16th December 2019.
- Attended Five Day FDP on “Recent Trends and applications of high voltage – A step towards green environment” sponsored by VTU Teqip 1.3 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 27th to 31st July 2019.
- Attended TEQIP Sponsored One-week Faculty Pedagogical Program Training from 10th to 14th Jan-16.
- Attended TEQIP Sponsored Two days workshop on Lean Manufacturing from 29th to 30th Jan-16.
- Attended TEQIP-II Sponsored One week FDP on Total Quality Management Practices in Power Sector (TQMPPS) from 28th Jun to 2nd July-16.
- Attended TEQIP-II Sponsored One-week FDP on Sustaining Quality Teaching Pedagogy in Today’s Dynamic Academic Endeavour from 8th to 12th Oct-16.
Academic/ Administrative Activities :
- Moderator for various subjects at PESCE, Mandya.
- Paper setting for UG & PG courses
- Website Coordinator – 2019 to data
- MOOC Coordinator - 2019 to date
- Industrial Visit Coordinator - 2020 to date
Professional Membership :
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (MISTE) – LM115685
- Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) – AM1621397
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for Women
Phone: 0821- 4257304 Extn:1127 Mobile : 9686850628
My vision :
To produce professionally skilled electrical and electronics engineers to meet out the worldwide requirements in inter and multi-disciplinary domains.