Faculty Name : Yogesh M
Department : Mechanical
Associate Professor and Head,
Dept. of Mechanical,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in Polymer Matrix Composites, VTU research center, SJCE, Mysore
- Master of Technology in Maintenance Engineering, SJCE, Mysore,2004
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial and Production Engg, NIE, Mysore ,2000
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 04/11/1977
- Hobbies : Reading books, reading novels, playing cricket, drawing
- Languages Known: English, Kannada, and Hindi
Research Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Associate Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysore from Sept.2006 to till date
- Worked as Lecturer at NIE, Mysore from Sept.2004 to Aug.2006
- Worked as Production Engineer at MGM Industries, Ganesh Forging, Mysore from Sept 2000 to Aug 2002.
- Yogesh M and Dr Hari Rao A N “Erosion Wear Response of Pineapple Leaf Fiber (PALF) Reinforced Vinylester Composites Filled With Redmud: an Alumina plant waste” International Journal of Engineering Development and Research (IJEDR), ISSN: 2321-9939, Volume 6, Issue 1, March 2018, pp 734-746, Impact factor =5.67. UGC Approved Journal.
- Yogesh M and Dr Hari Rao A N “Fabrication, Mechanical Characterization of Pineapple Leaf Fiber (PALF) reinforced Vinylester hybrid Composites” Published by American Institute of Physics (AIP) Conference Proceedings 1943, 020062, Issue 1, published on 20th April 2018; doi: 10.1063/1.5029638 and indexed in Scopus (Elsevier),
- Presented an International Journal on “Manufacturing Process of Polymer Matrix Composite with different description Process" in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET). ISSN (Online) : 2319-8753, ISSN (Print) : 2347-6710, Vol. 6, Special Issue 15, December 2017,pp 46-55, Impact factor=6.209. UGC Approved Journal.
- Presented an International Journal on “Manufacturing Techniques of Polymer Matrix Composite” in International Journal for Scientific Research & Development (IJSRD), ISSN (online): 2321-0613, Vol. 5, Issue 07, September 2017,pp 368-372, Impact factor=4.396. UGC Approved Journal.
- Yogesh M, Presented a paper on “Pineapple leaves Fibre and its polymer based Composites; A review” in International Journal of Science and Research, Volume 6, Issue 1, January 2017, pp 799-807
- Presented an International Journal on “Solid particle erosion response of fiber and particulate filled polymer based hybrid composites-A review”, at International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) Volume 06, Issue 01, January 2016, pp 25-39.
- Presented a paper on “Manufacturing Process of Polymer Matrix Composite with different description Process” in 2 day’s National Conference on "Recent Advancements in Mechanical Engineering and Allied Fields" (RAMEAF- 2017) at Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Yelahanka, International Airport road, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India, held on 2 – 3rd November 2017.
- Presented a paper on “Fabrication, Mechanical Characterization of Pineapple Leaf Fiber (PALF) reinforced Vinylester hybrid Composites” in 3 day’s International Conference on Design, Materials, & Manufacturing (ICDEM-2018) at NITK, Surathkal-575 025, Mangalore, and Karnataka, India. Published in AIP Conference Proceedings and indexed in Scopus (Elsevier), The Conference Proceedings Citation Index (part of Web of Science), Inspec and Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS).
Academic Activities :
- Coordinated “Gita Chaitanya Scholarship Award” for 100 meritorious students of GSSSIETW on 20th April 2018 organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Chief Superintendent for KEA-PDO 2107 on 29th January 2017
- Worked as Chief Superintendent for KPSC -2107 exam on 11th June 2017
- Worked as Co-ordinator for Faculty Best Practice Symposium-2017 on 21st January 2017
- Worked as Co-ordinator for Faculty Best Practice Symposium-2017 on 31st July 2017
- Coordinated in Two days International Conference on “ICEECCOT” on 15th & 16th December 2017, organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru-16.
- Worked as External Deputy Chief Superintend in VVCE, VVIET, MIT, ATME, NIET, Mysore.
- Worked as Question Paper setter and valuator at university level for the subject of “Elements of Mechanical Engineering”
- Worked as Examination Squad Chairman at university level.
- Worked as Internal Deputy Chief Superintend in GSSSIETW, Mysore from 2006 to 2014.
- Worked as External Examiner in VVCE, VVIET, MIT, ATME, NIET, Mysore, BIET(Davanagere), RIT(Hassan), CIT(Ponnampet), CIT(Mandya), GEC(KushalNagar), GEC(Chamaraja Nagar)
Faculty Development Activities :
Workshop Attended :
- Attended one day workshop on “New Model curriculum for first year B.E-CBCS detailed syllabus (2018-19) as per outcome based education (OBE) format including Course outcomes (CO) and Bloom’s Taxonomy” held on 19th May 2018 at Sahyadri college of engineering and Management, Mangaluru. Organized by VTU, Belagavi.
- Attended one day Faculty development program on “Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Cell Inauguration" held on 16th May 2018 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Participated one day Faculty Development Program on “Collaborative Research and pedagogy” at GSSS Institute of Engg & Technology for women, Mysore, held on 3rd August 2017
- Attended one day Faculty Development Program on “Blooms Taxonomy” for better understanding of the preparation of Question Papers during the course, organizing by ISTE Chapter, GSSSIETW on Monday 11th September 2017.
- Participated 3 day’s FDP program on “Recent Trends in Nanoscience and Technology (RTNST-2017)” held on 12th -14th October 2017. GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Participated 5 day’s FDP Program on “CATIA and its Industrial Applications” held on 22nd-26th January 2018, BGSIT, B G Nagara, Mandya.
- Attended one day FDP on “Research Methodology & Teaching Information Security- An overview” under ISTE forum on 9th June 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended National Seminar on “Advanced Materials for Better Future” on 20th May 2017 at VVIET, Mysuru.
- Attended one day workshop on “Bloom’s taxonomy” on 31st January 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attend three day workshop on “Research methodology and Research Motivational Aspect” in Association with IEEE Bangalore section from 27th to 29th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attend one day FDP on “cloud computing” under ISTE forum on 20th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended one day FDP on “OBE-NBA workshop” on 7th June 2016.
- Attended workshop on “NBA Accreditation” from 21st to 23rd July 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended four days Faculty Development Program on CAED & CAMD conducted by ‘Autodesk, Inc’ at VTU Regional office, Mysuru from 30th April to 3rd May 2015.
- Attended Second National Level Conference TANTRAGNANA 2009 from 06th & 07th Oct 2009 organized by GSSS Institute of Engg. And Technology for Women, Mysuru.
- Participated in a MISSION 10X Learning Approach workshop From 04th Jan 2010 To 08th Jan 2010 (5 days Workshop) Conducted by Wipro Technologies, Bangalore, Venue at G S S S institute of Engg & Technology for women, Mysuru -17
- Solid works & it is Application, One day Workshop Program 24th Sept 2011 (01 day) Hotel Regalis, Mysuru.
- 4th Bangalore Nano-Science & Nano- Technology International Conference from 07th Dec 2011 to 9th Dec 2011 (3days), Hotel Ashoka, Bengaluru.
- Attended Two days workshop on Foundations for Project Proposals organized by Department of Computer Science and Engg. On 21st and 22nd Aug. 2009
- Participated SDP Programme on Hydraulics and Pneumatics organized by, the national Institute of engineering, at VTU-Bosch Rexroth Center of competence in Automation Technology, VTU Extension centre, Mysuru.
- Participated Two days wokshop on LATEX on 28th and 30th of July 2014, organized by Dept. of CSE & Electrical Electronics Engineering, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Administrative Activities :
- Worked as coordinator in organizing “Gita Chaitanya” programme held on 20th April 2018.
- Worked as Co-ordinator for a Special Lecture Programme by Swami Bodhamayanandaji Maharaj, Sri Ramakrishna Asram, Mysuru, on 20th Feb 2018.
- Worked as Co-ordinator for Yakshagana Programme on 18th September-2017.
- Worked as Coordinator for Final year student group Photo session -2017 on 25th May 2017
- Worked as event Co-ordinator for Yakshagana Programme on 16th September-2016
- Regularly coordinating video, photography and transport towards techno cultural fest, GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Worked as Supervisor for COMED-K (2006 to 2015), PGCET, GATE Examinations.
- Worked as Chief Superintend for KPSC/SDA-2015.
- Attended Govt. Public Meeting like Water supply for public.
Awards Received :
- Received awards and certificates for achieving 100% results in Computer Aided Engineering Drawing Subject from 2006 to 2014.
- Life Member in Indian Society for Technical Education (113700)
Contact Details :
Department of Mechanical,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 1137)
My Visions :
I am a person who is peaceful and an example to others of that peace, which comes from faith in God. I am considered to be an inspirational teacher of great integrity. I lead a simple life style that includes plenty of time for me, my family, and my friends as well as service to others.’