Faculty Name : Shiva Prasad S
Department : Mechanical
Shiva Prasad S
Dept. of Mechanical,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in Metal Matrix Composites, VTU research center, VVIET, Mysore
- Master of Technology in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, PESCE, Mandya,2011
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, VVCE, Mysore ,2007
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 31/10/1984
- Hobbies : Reading books, listening to music.
- Languages Known: English, Kannada, and Hindi
Research Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor at GSSSIETW, Mysore from Aug. 2011 to till date
- Worked as Engineer at Yuken India Limited, Bengaluru, from June 2008 to Mar. 2009
- Worked as Data Analyst at Unilog Content Solution, Mysore from July 2007 to June 2008
- Published a paper on “Determination of mechanical properties of Al-20%Si alloy developed by centrifugal casting method” in International Journal for Research in Engineering Application & Management (IJREAM), Volume 5, Issue 8, November 2019, pp 06-10.
- Published a paper on “Development and evaluation of mechanical properties of Al-20%Si prepared by centrifugal casting” in ICAMEM on 22nd March 2019 at VVCE, Mysuru.
- Published a paper on “An overview of thermal expansion behaviour on microstructure formation of Al-base alloy metal matrix composites by centrifugal casting” in IJSDR, Volume 4, Issue 1, January 2019, pp 92-96.
- Published a paper on “Optimization of Centrifugal Casting Process and Microstructure Study of Al-Base Alloy Metal Matrix Composites- A Review” in IJRAR, Volume 5, Issue 4, December 2018, pp 556-559.
- Published a paper on “Plasma Spray Gun: Literature Review on Cooling Efficiency” in IJTSRD, Volume 2, Issue 5, August 2018, pp 659-664.
- Presented an International Journal on “Manufacturing Techniques of Polymer Matrix Composite” in International Journal for Scientific Research & Development (IJSRD), ISSN (online): 2321-0613, Vol. 5, Issue 07, September 2017,pp 368-372, Impact factor=4.396. UGC Approved Journal.
Academic Activities :
- Worked as Coordinator for 4th IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies, and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2019) on 13th and 14th December 2019 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Coordinator for International Conference on Adaptive Computational Intelligence (ICACI-2019) on 18th and 19th July 2019 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Worked as Coordinator for International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer Technologies and Optimization Techniques (ICEECCOT-2018) on 14th and 15th December 2018 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Coordinated “Gita Chaitanya Scholarship Award” for 100 meritorious students of GSSSIETW on 20th April 2018 organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Coordinated in Two days International Conference on “ICEECCOT” on 15th & 16th December 2017, organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru-16.
- Worked as External Examiner in CIT, Mandya and GMIT Mandya.
- Worked as valuator at university level for the subject of “Elements of Mechanical Engineering”
Faculty Development Activities :
- Participated in One-week FDP on “Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC&R)” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, VVCE, Mysuru in association with ISHRAE Mysuru Chapter during 3rd August 2020 to 8th August 2020.
- Participated in One-week VTU FDP on Engineering Analysis for “Thermofluids Research Challenges using ANSYS” during 27 July 2020 to 31 July 2020.
- Participated in One-week Faculty Development Programme on “Trends in Energy Conservation Technologies” during July 6-11, 2020, organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysuru.
- Attended 5 Days Online FDP on “Research Techniques and Sustainable Development in Mechanical Engineering” Organized by Department of mechanical Engineering, St. John College of Engineering and Management, Palghar in association with CEMS, ISHRAE Mumbai Chapter & ISTE Student Chapter during 29th June – 03rd July 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Introduction to CFD with practical insights” organized by School of Mechanical Engineering, REVA University, Bengaluru.
- Participated in one day national webinar on “Role of Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) during Covid-19” on 9th June 2020, Government Engineering College, Banswara, Rajasthan
- Participated in the webinar on “COVID-19: Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Environmental Development” on 5th - 7th June 2020, organized by Department of Environmental Science, AKS University, Satna, Madhya Pradesh.
- Participated in the webinar on “Design of Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger” on May 31st, 2020 organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, Navi Mumbai.
- Participated in the webinar on "Machining of Titanium Alloys using various technologies", presented by Dr.Eriki Ananda Kumar, Professor, Department of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering, FTVETI University, Ethiopia and organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli on 13th June 2020.
- Participated in the webinar on “Chanakya and Modern Education” on 11th June, 2020, presented by Dr. Radhakrishnan Pillai organized by Skill Slate, powered by Zovy Studios, Pune.
- Participated in the webinar on "Combustion and Its Diagnostics" on 5th June 2020, presented by Dr.T.M. Muruganandam, Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Madras and organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli.
- Participated in the webinar on “Composite Manufacturing & Tooling” on 4th June 2020, organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli.
- Participated in the webinar on “Additive Manufacturing – 3D printing” on 3rd June 2020, organized by CAD Modeling and Fabrication & Manufacturing Applied Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Francis Xavier Engineering College, Tirunelveli.
- Participated in the webinar on “Insights to Industry 4.0” on 29th May 2020 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, S.A. Engineering College (Autonomous), Chennai, India.
- Participated in Online 7 day FDP on “Renewable Energy Sources: A Way Ahead” during 15th to 21st May 2020, organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering in association with ASM International (American Society of Materials) Pune Chapter and ISHRAE (The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers) Nagpur Chapter.
- Participated in the webinar on “Industry Scenario after Covid 19” on 20th and 21st May 2020 organized by Training and Placement department, GCOERC, Nashik.
- Attended National Level FDP on “Decoding Examination during and post Covid19” webinar on 8th May 2020 organized by SKILLSLATE India and powered by Zovy Studios, Pune.
- Participated in ‘FEEL Teacher – Developing, Counselling, Mentoring’ Learning and Development Intervention, organized by GSSS Simha Subbamahalakshmi First Grade College, Mysuru in association with Office of the Joint Director, Mysuru region, Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka, and conducted by College for Leadership and HRD, Mangaluru on 13th January 2020 at GSSS Simha Subbamahalakshmi First Grade college, Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Participated in the 2nd International Seminar on Research and Innovation in Engineering and Technology (ISRIET) on 16th December 2019, organized by GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended national seminar on “Women Empowerment in India” by Dr. Jothibai of AgapeCARE society, Malaysia on 18th July 2019 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended One Day Hand on session on "NAAC SSR Preparation" by IEEE branch on 16th April 2019 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended TEQIP III Sponsored five days workshop on “Engineering Graphics and Design-Teaching Methodology and Evaluation Procedure” from 8th to 12th July 2019 organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, SJCE college, Mysuru.
- Attended a talk by Smt. S Gowthami, Founder Secretary, Allinov R & D Pvt Ltd. on IPR for students and faculty members at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 12th Jan, 2019
- Attended IPR for students and faculty members by Shwethsree Majumder, Principal, FIDUS Law Chamber via AICTE under IEEE cell on 10th Jan, 2019.
- Attended India First Leadership Talk Series by Shri Anand Mahindra by MHRD, AICTE on personality development by IEEE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 8th Jan, 2019.
- Participated in Energy Conversion Building Code (ECBC) FDP from 25th to 28th July, 2018 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended one day FDP on “Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Cell Inauguration" held on 16th May 2018 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended two days FDP on “Heat Transfer and its applications” on 2nd & 3rd March 2018, organized by VVCE, Mysuru.
- Attended two days FDP on “Recent Advances in Materials, Manufacturing and Sustainability” on 2nd & 3rd February 2018, organized by DSCE, Bengaluru.
- Participated in one day workshop on “Advanced Analytical Techniques for Polymer Characterization” on 29th January 2018, organized by JSS S&TU, Mysuru.
- Participated one day Faculty Development Program on “Collaborative Research and pedagogy” at GSSS Institute of Engg & Technology for women, Mysore, held on 3rd August 2017
- Attended one day Faculty Development Program on “Blooms Taxonomy” for better understanding of the preparation of Question Papers during the course, organizing by ISTE Chapter, GSSSIETW on Monday 11th September 2017.
- Participated 3 day’s FDP program on “Recent Trends in Nanoscience and Technology (RTNST-2017)” held on 12th -14th October 2017. GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Participated 5 day’s FDP Program on “CATIA and its Industrial Applications” held on 22nd-26th January 2018, BGSIT, B G Nagara, Mandya.
- Attended one day FDP on “Research Methodology & Teaching Information Security- An overview” under ISTE forum on 9th June 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended National Seminar on “Advanced Materials for Better Future” on 20th May 2017 at VVIET, Mysuru.
- Attended two day workshop on “Additive Manufacturing” on 12th & 13th April 2017 at ATMCE, Mysuru.
- Attended one day workshop on “Advances in Metrology” on 7th April 2017 at ATMCE, Mysuru.
- Participated in two day FDP on “Industrial Design – Automotive Workflow” during 30th & 31st January 2017, organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering, ATMCE, Mysuru.
- Attend three day workshop on “Research methodology and Research Motivational Aspect” in Association with IEEE Bangalore section from 27th to 29th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attend one day FDP on “cloud computing and education” under ISTE forum on 20th July 2016 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended one day FDP on “OBE-NBA workshop” on 7th June 2016.
- Participated in the VTU-VGST Faculty Development Program on “RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN CIM & AUTOMATION”, from 8th June to 12th June 2015 at Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering (MITE), Moodabidri.
- Attended Workshop on “Robotics” in 2011 at NIE, Mysuru.
- Attended Workshop on “Composites” in 2013 at NIE, Mysuru.
- Attended Workshop on “Finite Element Method “in 2014 at VVIET, Mysuru.
- Attended Workshop on “Anti Corrosion” in 2014 at Ruchi the Prince, Mysuru.
Administrative Activities :
- Regularly coordinating sports and cultural events towards techno cultural fest, GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Worked as Room Superintend for COMED-K, GATE Examinations.
Awards Received :
- Received certificate for achieving 100% results in Engineering Graphics subject in the academic year 2018–19.
- Received certificates for achieving 100% results in Computer Aided Engineering Drawing subject in the academic year 2014–15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18.
- Received awards and certificates for achieving 100% results in Computer Aided Engineering Drawing and Elements of Mechanical Engineering Subject in the academic year 2012–13 and 2013-14.
- Life Member in Indian Society for Technical Education (113701)
Contact Details :
Department of Mechanical,
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 1137)
My Visions :
To continually develop my potential by acquisition of key personal and professional skills required for advancement within organization.