Faculty Name : Asha M
Department ofElectronics & Communication Engineering
Dept. of ECE,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in wireless communication, VTU Research Centre,VVCE, Mysuru.
- Master of Technology, Computer Networks Engineering, NIE, Mysuru, 2012.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, VVCE, Mysuru, 2005.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 11/11/1983
- Hobbies : Listening to music, drawing, Painting.
- Languages Known: English, Kannada, and Hindi.
Profession Experience :
- Working as Assistant Professor in Electronics and Communication Engineering department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from 2011 to till date.
- Worked as Lecturer in Electronics and Communication Engineering department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from July 2010 to Sept 2011.
- Worked as Lecturer in Telecommunication Engineering department, GSSSIETW, Mysuru from August 2007 - May 2010.
- Worked as Lecturer at Vidya Vardhaka Polytechnic, Mysuru from July 2006 to July 2007.
- Worked as a Programmer in Prime 5 Consulting, Mysuru from Jan 2006 to June 2006.
- Asha.M,, “Performance analysis of underwater communication system” International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering, Science & Technology , Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Bengaluru on 5th January 2017.
- Asha.M, “A Survey on Energy Efficient Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Advanced And Innovative Research (IJAIR) Volume 05,Issue 11,November 2016,ISSSN:2278-7844.
- Asha.M , “Wireless Notice board using GSM for multiusers”,International Journal of Advanced And Innovative Research (IJAIR) Volume 05,Issue 5,May 2016,ISSSN:2278-7844.
- Asha.M, “An efficient energy distribution with power loss detection”, International Journal of Advanced and Innovative Research (IJAIR) Volume 5, Issue, 11th November 2016, ISSN: 2278-7844.
- Asha. M, "Remote override of traffic signal in an emergency", International Conference on Applied Science Engineering and Technology (ICASET-16), 6th June 2016.
- Asha. M, “Two-Axis Based Solar Tracking for Power Conservation in Irrigation system”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Electronics and Communication engineering (NCREC-16), 5th May 2016.
- Asha. M, "Structural Health monitoring of Civil infrastructure using WSNs", National Conference on Emerging Trends in NCETEC-2015,BGSIT.BG Nagar, 5th May 2015.
- Asha. M, "Survey on Certificates otc anonymous authentication for WBAN", National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, GMIT Mandya, 25th April 2015.
- Asha. M, Sheema U, Pagadala Gowri Lahari, Dhanasree JM, Lakshmi I S, “Loco Fault Tracking System” International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), Volume 3, Issue 11, May 2014.
- Asha M, “A Communication Gateway for Electrical Devices using Wireless Technology“, National Conference, JNNCE, Shimoga on 9 – 11 May 2013.
- Asha. M,“Secure data collection in WSN using Randomized dispersive routes” International Forum of Researchers students and Academician(IIJDWM), Volume 2,Issue 3, August 2012.
Academic Activities :
- Appointed as External Deputy Chief Superident for the VTU Examination Dec 2016/Jan 2017 at Mysore School of Architecture, Mysuru.
- Appointed as Paper setter for B.E Semester End Examination Dec 2016/Jan 2017 for Malanad College of Engineering, Hassan.
- Appointed as External Deputy Chief Superident for the VTU Examination May 2016/June 2017 at Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering, Mysuru.
- Worked as a Technical event coordinator at college level.
- Worked as a EMS coordinator at department level.
- Worked as Course Material Coordinator and Best Practices Coordinator at department level.
- Paper setter for the subject Microprocessor (EC45), Dec- 2014.
- Squad member for university level examination, 2013.
- Valuator at university level examination, 2012 – 2014.
- Industrial Visit coordinator, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru 2013 – till date.
- IA Coordinator, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2014 – 2015.
- Currently guiding 2 PG projects and 1 UG Project. Have Guided 5 UG Projects, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Student counsellor, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009 - 2014.
- Seminar coordinator, ECE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2013-2014.
- Seminar coordinator, TE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 2009-2010.
- Organized a Zonal level Technical Symposium “Confluence-2010”, TE, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Seminar Coordinator, “GSM”, FEST (Forum of Engineering Students of Telecommunication), TE, March 2010, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended One Day Faculty Development Programme” on Research Methodology and Information security: An overview organized by ISTE chapter at GSSSIETW, Mysuru on 9th June 2017
- Attended a Short course in Bengaluru on “5G Multi-User MIMO and Massive MIMO Systems" organized by Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur in association with Dept. of E&C, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru during June 14-16, 2017.
- Attended, a one day workshop on “Women in Power Engineering”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 16th Dec 2016.
- Attended 3 days FDP on “Antenna Design and Analysis using ESI’s CEM Solution tools 2016”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 27th – 29th Jan 2016.
- Attended, a FDP on “Meet of IEEE India Special Interest Group on Communications Disability”, All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) Mysuru, 12th Sep 2015.
- Attended a workshop on “Recent Trends in Photonics”, organized by IEEE Photonics Society, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 29th Aug 2015.
- Attended, a workshop on “NBA Accreditation”, GSSSIETW Mysuru, 21th - 23rd July 2015.
- Attended two days workshop on "Embedded Systems using MSP430" conducted by Gill Instruments in association with Texas Instruments at GSSSIETW, Mysuru, 20 21 Sept 2014.
Administrative Activities :
- AECES (Departmental Technical Forum) Coordinator, Telecommunication Engineering Department, 2008 – 2009, GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- FEST (Forum of Engineering Students of Telecommunication, Departmental Technical Forum) Coordinator, Telecommunication Engineering Department, 2009 - 2010.
- Invigilated COMED-K and PG-CET exams at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
Professional Membership :
- ISTE(Life Member) LM 113656
- IETE (Membership No.) – M237456.
Contact Details :
My Vision :
To upgrade my knowledge and be resource person to guide my students, so that they will be highly competitive in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.