Faculty Name : Chaya P
Department : Information Science and Engineering
Department of Information Science & Engineering, GSSSIETW,
Education Details :
- Pursuing Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering at VTU, registered in 2017.
- Master of Technology, Software Engineering, Sri Jayachamarajendra College Of Engineering, Mysore, 2010
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science & Engineering , Coorg Institute of Technolgy, Ponnampet ,2004.
Personal Details :
- Date of birth : 28/02/1983
- Hobbies : Reading, Listening to music, playing throw ball & shuttle
- Languages Known : English, Kannada, and Hindi
Experience Details :
- Working as Assistant Professor, GSSSIETW, Mysore, Sept 2011 – till date
- Worked as Lecturer, GSSSIETW, Mysore, Feb 2007 - Aug 2011
- Worked as Lecturer, G M Institute of Technology, Davangere, Feb 2005 – Nov 2006
- “Multipacket Reception method for Neighbor discovery in wireless Network”, International Journal of Advanced Research in computer and communication Engineering, (IJARCCE) Volume-6, Issue- 4, DOI:10.17148/IJARCCE.2017.6404, 30 th April 2017.
- “Heterogeneous Face Recognition Technique used in Caricatured Faces” , International Journal of Modern Computer Science (IJMCS) Volume 4, Issue 5.October, 2016, ISSN: 2320-7868
- “Securing the Wireless Sensor Network Communication ”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Volume 5, Issue 3., pp 786-789, March 2016.
- “A Study on Reliable Data Delivery for Highly Dynamic MANETs”, International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Technology (IJCSET), ISSN: 2229-3345, Volume-6, Issue 5, pp 323-327, May 2015
- “A Comprehensive Survey on Various Routing Protocols and Void Handling Approaches for MANETs”, Published in ISRASE eXplore digital Library,April 2015,(Sponsored by NCETCSE-15)
- “Social Networks for P2P Content-Based file Sharing in Disconnected MANETs”, International Journal of Engineering Associates(IJEA) ISSN: 2320-0804 # 48 , Volume 4, Issue 5, pp 44-48, May 2015
- Paper on “Comprehensive Survey on Leveraging Social Networks P2P content based file sharing in disconnected MANETS”” presented at National Conference on Recent Innovations in Science and Engineering-RISE 2015 conducted on 2nd May 2015 held held at PESIT, Bangalore
- Paper on “A comprehensive survey on various routing protocols & void handling approaches for MANETS” presented at National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computer Science and Engineering(NCETCSE-15) conducted on 17th to 18th April 2015 held held at BGSIT, Nagamangala Taluk ,Mandya.
- Paper on “Systolic based optimization tool for 1D and 2D FIR filters using tournament selection method” presented at National Conference on Wireless Communication, Signal Processing, Embedded System(WISE-2013) conducted on 21st to 22nd June 2013 held held at BMSCE, Bangalore.
- Paper on “Mobile agent computing”” presented at International conference on Standards for Engineering and Management, conducted on 15th May 2016 held held at Coimbatore.
Academic Activities :
- Worked as a External DCS for VTU exams since 2013.
- Examiner/valuator/ Paper setter for Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgavi since 2007
- Worked as Project Coordinator for the Academic year 2007
- Worked as Seminar Coordinator from 2008 to 2010
- Paper setter for the PG subject Data mining and warehousing (P13MCSE323) for the year 2014 at PES college of Engineering, Mandya and UG subject UNIX and Shell programming for the year 2009 at NIE, Mysore.
- Worked as a External DCS at NIEIT Mysore, June 17th to June 30th 2013.
Faculty Development Activities :
- Attended one day FDp on “Research Methodology and teaching information Security: An overview” on 9th June 2017 at GSSSIETW,Mysuru.
- Attended 3 day workshop on Internet of Things(IOT) using raspberry Conducted on 26th to 28th April 2017 at GSSSIETW,Mysuru
- Attended one day workshop on “Recent trends in Science and Mathematics”(RTSM-2017)” on 11th Jan 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Five day FDP on “NBA e-SAR for Tier-II Institutions” Conducted on Jan 2nd 2017 to 6th Jan 2017 held at GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Attended One day Workshop on “Women in Power Engineering” on 16th Dec 2016 at GSSSIETW Mysuru.
- Participated in INSPIRE 2015 -Faculty Excellence awards- annual event conducted at Infosys campus, Bangalore DC
- Attended Three days workshop on “NBA Accreditiation” conducted on July 21st 2015 to 23rd 2015 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru
- Attended Five days workshop on “Deep Dive Faculty Enablement Program on Foundation program 4.0” conducted on Dec 15th 2014 to 19th 2014 held at Infosys campus, Mangalore.
- Attended Two days workshop on “SAN configuration and management” conducted on 12th&13th Sept 2014 at SJCE Mysore, associate with Data lifecycle company Bangalore.
- Attended Three days workshop on “Practical training and evaluation for instructional Excellence in intelligent system” conducted on 2nd to 4th April 2014 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended One day program on “Tech insights 2013”at Infosys ltd, Mysuru on 28th Feb 2013
- Attended Mission 10X Conclave-2012, Innovative interdisciplinary Project Proposals (Presented project proposal on “Wireless design for power theft monitoring”), conducted on 25th August 2012 held at VVIET, Mysuru, Organized by WIPRO Technologies.
- Attended Five days FDP on “Recent Advances in Medical imaging Techniques” sponsored by VTU-VGST conducted on March 12th 2012 to 16th 2012 held at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Five days Mission 10X Faculty training program on “High Impact Teaching Skills” conducted in coordination with Wipro Technologies on 4th to 8th January 2010 held at GSSSIETW, Mysuru under Department of computer science and Engineering.
- Attended a Two day Mission10x faculty training program “High Impact Teaching Skills” conducted in coordination with Wipro Technologies on 4th& 5th January 2010 held at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Attended Two day Mission10x Advanced faculty training program “Cambridge Certification Program” conducted in coordination with Wipro Technologies on 24th& 25th March 2010 held at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Conducted One day seminar on “Open lecture series” by Prof.Sudhindra Haldodderi, Professor - Aerospace Engineering Alliance University, Bangalore on 15 th March 2012 for first year students held at GSSSSIETW, Mysuru sponsored by KSTA, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Attended Three days “Train The Trainer” workshop on “Python Program” conducted on April 27th 2016 to 29th April 2016 held at Kongu Engg. College, Erodu in association with Infosys Ltd,Mysuru.
- Attended Two day FDP on “i3 for i3” at VTU Regional office, Bengaluru on 8th & 9 th March 2016.
Administrative Activities :
- Co ordinating for 5 day National Level Faculty Development Program “Cyber Warfare: Techniques,Tactics&Tools for Network Security” on 24th to 28th July 2017 at GSSSIETW, Mysuru.
- Co ordinator for Three Day workshop on “Internet of Things using Raspberry Pi” for IV and VI semester students on 26th,27th and 28th April 2017 by Mr.Deepak Singh,Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-BHU),Varanasi and corporate Trainer,Monkfox,Bengaluru at GSSSIETW,Mysore.
- Co ordinator for 8th sem Project Symposium 2017 Associated with IEEE student chapter conducted on 27th May 2017 At GSSSIETW, Mysore.
- Co ordinator for Mini Project Symposium 2016 .
- Co ordinator for Project innovative ideas in National level competition CODE Igniter-2016 Under CSI
- Working as a department level CII-IWN coordinator from Feb 2016.
- Working as a department level Staff Publication co ordinator from Feb 2016.
- Working as a Exam coordinator from Jan 2014
- Evaluation panel member for the M.Tech Project Symposium
- Session co ordinator for Paper presentation at National Conference -NRACICA 2015 and monitoring the CSI 29th student convention program.
- Working as a Campus connect coordinator for the year 2015
- Worked as Web Coordinator from July 2013 to Dec 2014
- Worked as INFONITE Coordinator from Aug 2011 to July 2013,Time table Coordinator from 2007 to 2010
- Exam Coordinator for Visvesvaraya Technological University Belgaum from March 2013 to till date.
- Geethayaana -2010 worked as Department co ordinator.
- Invigilated COMED-K, GATE, PG-CET, RRB, IBPS since from the year 2007 and Supervisor for COMED-K in the year 2013.
Professional Membership :
- LM ISTE-[ 46839]
Funded Projects :
- Raspberry pi and Arduino Based Automated Irrigation System” Funded by KSCST, IISC, Bengaluru, for the period of 6 Months with a grant of 4500/- in the year 2017.
- “Raspberry pi and Arduino Based Automated Irrigation System” selected for State level Seminar and exhibition held at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte on 11 th and 12 th of August 2017.
Awards Received :
- Received “High Impact Teaching Skills” and “Cambridge Certification” from Wipro Technologies.
Coordinated the Campus connect training program for students which was given the
“Outstanding Performance of the year 2016” award from Infosys Pvt. Limited.
Contact Details :
Department of Information Science and Engineering
GSSS Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
Phone : 0821-4257304/05/06 (Extn 403)
My Vision :
To produce high quality Engineers with strong knowledge in basic programming and technical skills, that helps them to develop newer technologies in future.